Guys, I have same problem making use of the hotspot.check this out, this link will give you the info you need to know to make your hotspot work with user manager
this link rocks
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Mana ... ot_Example
takinolaa congrat, but i need to just ask u little q bout the /userman. how do u get to create the user accounts when u enable the hotspot?Hello,
Finally, Hotspot and User Manager is working perfectly now. l setup USER-MANAGER as a RADIUS on ROS 4.10 and Usermanager 4.10 It works great, stable and fine.
1. But when my customers logout and tries to long in after a while they get a reply that uptime limit is reached whereas most times they still have more time left.
2. Also, when logout successfully the time will still be running uderneath, I mean when ever I LOGIN back my time will still not be the same as it was before I LOGOUT.
Please l need your helps.
I see my problem is, when i enable the hotspot and got the client login page on the browser. I will not be able to access the /userman nor the rbox via winbox nor telnet anymore. under your configuration, what are the things you setup? i.e. how you setup the /radius, /ip hotspot /ip dns and /ip dhcp or /ip firewall?l login to my userman (192.168.0.120/userman) from there you can create user accounts. Please find attached image below:
Thank you so much. I will try and see what will happen this time around with these option.LAN: 192.168.0.120
1. Setup your Hotspot and DNS with the link below:
2. /ip hotspot profile set hsprof1 use-radius=yes
3. Set Radius Client for User Manager to manager hotspot
/radius add service=hotspot address=127.0.0.1 secret=123456
4. For to User Manager the name subcriber
/tool -user-manager customer add login="admin" password=5555 permissions=owner
5. Make Hotspot Router
/tool user-manager router add subscriber=admin ip-address=127.0.0.1 shared-secret=123456
After setting configuring above information correctly you should be able to access ur userman.
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Mana ... ot_Example"
okay, i will do that and thanks guysanother thing....
I was asking if you have the userman and hotspot under the same box....
if you do...you have to use the configuration above...and in case you can't access the userman..change the www port under ip service www to another port....
then it will work okay