MikroTik App

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Muiltiple Hotspot on one AP with Trial Users. Login Problem

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:02 am

Hi

Recently i have set up on RB450G Muiltiple Hotspot with Trial users access for 5 minits, every 24 hours. I use the same pc to log in to each of the five hotspot with their trial user accout, but on the second hotspot login page window it shows my MAC address as login username and not allowing me to log in after clicking on "Login as trial user"

Looks like it doesn't allow my MAC to log in even thou i am trying to log in to other hotspot server on the same RouterBoard.

Do you think i should create a script that will chack if the user or/and MAC address already exist , and if does just delete it. So thay can access the other trial Hotspot.

Any help/suggesties are welcome

thx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Muiltiple Hotspot on one AP with Trial Users. Login Prob

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:37 pm

I haven't tried trial users with multiple hotspots.
The trial user name starts with a "T-". Does the mac in your user form input show that?
Your mac address = 70:1A:04:5E:45:AB
Your trial user name = T-70:1A:04:5E:45:AB

As I recall (I don't use trial users now), you should use "login-by=cookie,http-chap" in "/ip hotspot profile". It will not login a trial user by mac address.

FYI: If you plan on using cookie login, you must use NTP to keep the date/time correct, or the cookie login will not work.

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:47 pm

Thank you

I log in with checked check boxes such as:

1) Trial User
2) HTTP-CHAP

I check log in with cookies the same results. Get Err msg:
"no more sessions are allowed for user T-70:1A:04:5E:45:AB"

I have 4 Hotspot servers on Vlans and Virtual Access point Configurated on my RB450G and APoint.

Once i log in to one of them and right after i try to log in to other hotspot ex. HotSpot-2 i can not log in as a trial user or even a regular user.

This is needed when lets say for ex. 1 family has one computer and 3 people wanted to try the services 1 person tried 1Mbit service, the 2nd 2Mbits service, and 3rd 3 Mbits service.

Ony the first one will be able to try with the trial user accout, other will not.

The only solutions that comes to my mind is to run a script upon logon to check if there is a trial user with that MAC address. If there is : delete. Why? Because only one person can use pc laptop at a time. Correct if mistaking.

Any ideal how to work this out?

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:35 pm

I hadn't seen that problem coming, but I do now! Increase the shared-user value for the trial user profile.
/ip hotspot user profile
set X shared-users=2
Should happen only with multiple hotspots on one router.

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:39 pm

Thx SurferTim

I tried with you advice 2 shared Users. Worked! 3 people can access trail account on each of my 3 serving Hotspot, on one computer. But:!!

Since you follow the issue from the beginning, no need to explain to much. So the other alternative for this but is not exactly what is want to users to have is:

Have one user profile set to be used for trail account for all of the Hotspots server i run.
with shared user set to 5 or etc. ex. 10 sessions from the same MAC ( PC).
Let say 256 Kbs Down / 128 Kbs up.

But this configuration will not give future customer a taste of lets say Express or Extreme package i offer. What a pity.

Any ideas? No scripting? etc any advice/ share?

thx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:33 pm

I found the solution:
that is:

addresses-per-mac (integer / unlimited; default: 2) : number of IP addresses allowed to be bind with the MAC address, when multiple HotSpot clients connected with one MAC-address.

Run DHCP on Hotspot server profile rather than on User Profile. Solved the problem. I can log on as a trial user to 4 of my Hotspot on using 1 laptop. COOL.

1 more thing left:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A)
I have 4 hotspot server configure:

1) Extreme55 ( Vlan55, 192.168.55.x/24) with HTTP-chap and trial user
2) Express44 ( Vlan44, 192.168.44.x/24) with HTTP-chap and trial user
3) Lite33 ( Vlan33, 192.168.33.x/24) with HTTP-chap and trial user
4) UltraLite22 (Vlan22, 192.168.22.x/24) with HTTP-chap and trial user

B)
I have configure usermanager 4,(User_Manager_2010_06_23_005828.tar) on localhost ( the same phisical box). With extram express, lite. and ultralite users.

c)
I can log on to each Hotspot server with their test username OK,

The problem that i encountered is that no matter to which hotspot server i am connected to pretending I am future client, while trying to sign up i still see the same PRICINGS. How can i set hotspot pricing individualy, for each of them seperated so let say

Express with have $40 per month, Lite 30 and Ultra lite $20 per month?

How can i achieve this? If it is achievable.