Community discussions

MikroTik App

ekkas
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

5rc11 batch create users + CSV file

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:32 pm

I upgraded first 4.xx router with UM to 5rc11.
After a long time on CPU 100%, it stabilised (upgrading/migrating database perhaps?)
Now all users show unlimited (6000+users!) profile. (EDIT:Actually it had no profile so noone could log on)
The main problem however, is if I create a batch of users, it does not imediately generate a CSV file so we can print it.
As usernames are randomly created and there is no way to seperate new from old users (date-created field would help), how can I (like in 4.xx) create a batch of users and at the same time get a CSV file with the randomly created usernames/passwords?

Regards

Ekkas
Last edited by ekkas on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekkas
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Re: 5rc11 batch create users + CSV file

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Another issue is when I create batch users, it automatically add unlimited profile, although I said to create a batch with another profile.
The profile I selected is added, but paused adfter unlimited profile!?!?

A note to any hotspot users:
Do not upgrade to ROS 5 yet, major issues. Clients really pissed off as this is very unsettling and bad for their reputation as well.
World-famous backpackers that can't sell Internet for a day because of ROS upgrade.
Even now, they can't just create users as unlimited get added and a batch of 100 users have to be manually fixed.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ekkas
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Yet, another batch I created directly afterwards, is created correctly with only the profile I selected. So it is inconsistent.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:34 am

1) Which version did you use before the upgrade?

2) I have tried different configuration and batch of users is created properly.
Please, provide us with Profile configuration and settings you have used for batch creation.

ekkas
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:12 am

1) Which version did you use before the upgrade?
Used 4.17 before.
2) I have tried different configuration and batch of users is created properly.
Please, provide us with Profile configuration and settings you have used for batch creation.
The first batch made this issue, the next 2 after that was ok. It seems only my 100mb profile makes this problem. I generated another batchg and now it added 10m before:
10m.JPG
I cannot export config of profiles, etc. as I find nothing in the CLI apart from old usermanager configs.
The limitations:
Limitations.JPG
The profile:
100mprofile.JPG

My main problem is generating CSV files when creating a batch of users, although manually fixing users is also a problem.
Is this not possible with new UM?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ekkas
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:23 pm

Another problem with 5rc11...
On this hospot(RB433), I have a R52 as uplink (to my network, Internet) and another R52 as AP.
1 Ether and the AP is in a bridge, hotspot assigned to the bridge.

Then there are 3 WDS (RB411U) clients with bridges (AP+ether) that repeat the signal and give LAN access to the hotspot.
On 5rc11 some laptops connect to wireless, but cannot even get hotspot login. Even on LAN port directly connected to hotspot, no hotspot login. Others work fine.
With Google Chrome, it says cannot communicate with DNS server. IE, Firefox, nothing works.
After 2 days of struggling, I had to bite the bullet and return to 4.17 (no nv2-test package). All users lost their usage and settings...
All is working 100% again.

Seems to me that there is more than a few bugs to sort out yet on ROS5.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:41 pm

My main problem is generating CSV files when creating a batch of users, although manually fixing users is also a problem.
Is this not possible with new UM?
1)
Please, include step by step procedure.
I have create batch of users, selected users to create CSV files for, file was created successfully and it was available for download.

2)
Which settings could not be fixed?

ekkas
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:40 pm

1)
Please, include step by step procedure.
I have create batch of users, selected users to create CSV files for, file was created successfully and it was available for download.
In ROS4 when you create abatch, it automatically give you the option to generate CSV file. With ROS5 yo have to afterwards select the ones you want. With 1000's of users with random usersnames, it is difficuilt to distinguish between new and old users. This client create batches of 50 or 100 users at a time. The old ROS4 way of generating the CSV as you add a batch was just much easier.
2)
Which settings could not be fixed?
I was referring to where if I create a batch, it would (sometimes) add another (wrong) profile before the one I selected.
(10m.jpg in earlier post.)
If I create 100 users, I have to go to each manually and delete the extra profile manually. So it can be fixed, but manually as the batch is created wrong.
Also when I downgraded, all users was gone and I luckily had an export which I could edit (customer->subscriber) to re-create them, but then all usage was lost.
Then there was also an issue with ROS5 UM where (especially Vista) just cannot access the hotspot. No login appeared. Wired or wireless. Back to 4.17 and all is 100% again.

fabsoft

Wed May 11, 2011 1:26 pm

i have the same identical problem.. i have upgraded from 4.13 to 5.1 and when i loaded back the usermanager backup file (through
/tool user-manager database load) the cpu grown to 100% for about 2 hours. The user profiles have become inconsistent and i had to change it manually to reflect the olds ones.
The bigger problem is to create a batch of users, there is no option for generates the csv file, so it become impossible to use it in a production envinroment.
I just upgraded to 5.2 but these isssues persists.

fabsoft

Wed May 11, 2011 1:57 pm

Another issue:
a new added Profile from usermanager (web) defaults to start-at=now attribute and the web interface always show "start: Now" for others profiles with start-at=logon too. Theres no way to change the Start attribute from the web

beepee
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 12, 2011 8:23 pm

As for me,
I am trying to manage version5.2 though with all those problems
As for the profiles that starts now
set the profile start-at option to logon from the console
As for the batch users, Use a unique username prefix to identify each batch e.g BacthA or 1M . This will enable you to search and select the newly generated users from a pool of thousands and you can then click Generate CSV file
My only problem right now is that I need to add a particular profile to existing users (about 900 users) and I have not figured out howto.
Pls I too need help