Community discussions

MikroTik App

nkoskinas
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik Hotspot in a Box with thermal printing and SMS

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:51 pm

Hi!

We are about to release our first version of a Mikrotik Hotspot POS software which will be very easy to use for the masses out there...
The program will run in Windows machines and will have three basic functions
-Instant Access Service which will create a random username and password with admin set specifications (traffic/uptime/ etc). The software enters the user details into the hotspot and then prints the data to a thermal printer or sends it via SMS.
-Prepaid Cards POS with automatic delete from database once the card is issued. The system imports csv files either from a local directory or via ftp. FTP update is designed to make lives easier when you don't want your salesman to mess around with file updates....
-Refill card POS. Same as above but useful if you want to sell refill cards for use with other radius systems.

Why did we develop it??
-As an ISP ourselves, well we got fed up with scratch card printing and dispatching. Hence the the fact we have to cut down costs so this seemed as an ideal thing to do....Also papers costs less than 1 euro cent per ticket/card...not bad!!!
-We also wanted to be able to send the access information far far away....so we included SMS gateways to do that....

We also put our best effort in creating an artistic and functional interface with BIG buttons and BIG numeric pads...to use in computers with touchscreens....Cafe's, hotels and bars have it installed already, as well as a thermal printers..... so this makes them our ideal partner.:-) If they have an active internet connection then it's perfect....

Later next week I will post some screenshots....

We estimate that we'll have it ready by the end of next week....

If anyone has some ideas about wanted features please give me a shout....Comments are welcome...

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik Hotspot in a Box with thermal printing and SMS

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:09 pm

That sounds like a great project!!! There are not many good programs out there for this yet.

nkoskinas
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:23 pm

Just a little tease...

Early screenshot is attached....
The number on the bottom right indicates how many vouchers you have left for that series of cards. It is reduced everytime you issue a code...
Please note that each number corresponds to a key on the numpad of your keyboard so you don't have to even use your mouse....8)
GoHotspot.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

supernut
just joined

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Hi!

We are about to release our first version of a Mikrotik Hotspot POS software which will be very easy to use for the masses out there...
-Instant Access Service which will create a random username and password with admin set specifications (traffic/uptime/ etc). The software enters the user details into the hotspot and then prints the data to a thermal printer or sends it via SMS.
-Prepaid Cards POS with automatic delete from database once the card is issued. The system imports csv files either from a local directory or via ftp. FTP update is designed to make lives easier when you don't want your salesman to mess around with file updates....
-Refill card POS. Same as above but useful if you want to sell refill cards for use with other radius systems.

Why did we develop it??
-As an ISP ourselves, well we got fed up with scratch card printing and dispatching. Hence the the fact we have to cut down costs so this seemed as an ideal thing to do....Also papers costs less than 1 euro cent per ticket/card...not bad!!!
-We also wanted to be able to send the access information far far away....so we included SMS gateways to do that....

We also put our best effort in creating an artistic and functional interface with BIG buttons and BIG numeric pads...to use in computers with touchscreens....Cafe's, hotels and bars have it installed already, as well as a thermal printers..... so this makes them our ideal partner.:-) If they have an active internet connection then it's perfect....

If anyone has some ideas about wanted features please give me a shout....Comments are welcome...
if you need a beta tester count me in... its what i have been looking for

would be great if it had a reseller option to allow resellers on our network to send codes via our SMS to clients directly and to log the details for us.

JP_Wireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:52 am

really interesting, does it include features like date card generated not date of 1st logon? and how is the report like? does it produce real time filter like daily usage or specific period usage? MT is really lacking in terms of accounting report like daily usage since it uses logon date and expiration date information.

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:41 am

really interesting, does it include features like date card generated not date of 1st logon? and how is the report like? does it produce real time filter like daily usage or specific period usage? MT is really lacking in terms of accounting report like daily usage since it uses logon date and expiration date information.
This is a related question: Does this simply use CustomerManager as its backend, or is it a radius server of it's own? If it is an overlay to Customer Manager, that pretty much tells us what its limitations are.

nkoskinas
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:42 pm

The software simply creates accounts based on Mikrotik's User manager system....it's not a radius server. It is a simple and instant user interface for inexperienced users.

Basically you need to create profiles via this software and then create accounts on the desired profile....

nkoskinas
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi!

Why did we develop it??

would be great if it had a reseller option to allow resellers on our network to send codes via our SMS to clients directly and to log the details for us.
That will be included in the first version ;-)

cpresto
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Hello,
we developed a similar system for our hotspot network, but based on a normal printer.
The user (personell at the desk, e.g.) has three (or more) simple button on his browser, and choosing one of them the right uid/pwd o serial n° is printed on a normal printer. The action is not performed on the local Hotspot GW (routerboard), but on the remote radius/Database: the correct couple (UID/PWD) is activated in the radius.
What I would like to develop is not a Windows based interface, but a system that works without any PC support: the user should have only the thermal printer to manage, eg. key 1=profile1, key2=profile2, key3=profile3.
Did you use a particular programmable thermal printer for your system? Could you please send me its details?

Rgds

jcem
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi!

Any progress. Have you released any version yet?

RDGS
Jörgen

freepos
just joined

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:55 am

You can also look at www.fps-freepossoftware.com/hotspotpos - very simple - for use with Mikrotik hardware only.

apnaazam
just joined

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi!

Why did we develop it??

That will be included in the first version ;-)

I am waiting for ur software release :-)

@z@m

Abdock
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:13 am

has this been released ?

Piplfox
just joined

Thu May 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Any progress with this?

mbrtonpye

Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:17 pm

I have also been writing an application for this which will create tickets on a printer when required. I have almost finished if people are interested.

It will list all profiles as ticket options and create a ticket with a unique username and password, plus it will do this against the customer account of whoever creates the ticket so if the requirement is later to get a report showing which salespeople have sold which tickets, this will be possible.

Let me know if you are interested
Last edited by mbrtonpye on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

dxdnet
just joined

Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:58 pm

I was looking forward to a long time. . I hope when you send me a release. . . .
My mail is: dxdnet@qq.com
Extremely grateful

abouelrim
just joined

Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:32 am

how can we get this version ?

bialast
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:38 pm

Hello

Just in case you are intersted in... Check this page: http://www.hotspot-printer.com/

Along with standalone POS with integrated printer, now we have also application for Android devices wich can be used for ticket creation. Also you can print them on external Bluetooth printer -> http://www.hotspot-printer.com

bialast
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Hello again

You can now try our DEMO version. Available in Google Play AppStore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mobiledemo

I would like to hear from you any feedback about this app. Thanks

Krisken
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:55 pm

What kind of printers are suitable for it?

bialast
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:09 am

What kind of printers are suitable for it?

Hi, you can byu the printer from us:

http://www.technologic.pl/p412,przenosn ... odowa.html

Unfortunately there is plenty of printers but as well plenty of problem with them, so we've choosen the best model we could.

mbrtonpye

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:04 pm

I have made my software available in a website at the following location:
http://www.softreg.co.uk/HSGAccountTicketGenerator/
You can download it from there.

It will print tickets to just about any printer which is set up to print on a windows machine but is specifically designed to print to 'strip' tickets so will waste paper if you are printing to A4 or Letter (or similar).

I use a very simple POS58 thermal printer which I bought on eBay and it works fine.

The software must be licensed to get all of the functionality working (I may be persuaded to give a few licenses away for free to people who are prepared to help with testing it for me, not everyone though!).

It also uses an MS-SQLServer database for accounting which can be disabled. In theory, it should also work for other databases but I have not tried it and would be interested to hear from people who set it up to run against MySQL etc.

I will write up some documentation when I have chance as there are a lot of features which will need a little explanation.

Have a look, tell me what you think and we will see how well it works!

vagelism

Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:03 pm

Hello, I downloaded the software and asks me for username and password.
How much it costs?
Thank you!

mbrtonpye

Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:52 pm

This is the username and password that you have created as your 'admin' account (in /system/users when using WinBox or just /user from the terminal window)

The software can be used FOC but will restrict some features and will randomly decide not to print usernames and passwords on the tickets. If you want full use of it, I only ask for 10GBP (10 pounds) to be sent to me over PayPal.

This also gets further help and assistance plus the chance to get new features included in the software which you might like for yourself.

vagelism

Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi!

Why did we develop it??

Hello , is this software ready?
If yes where can I buy it?
How much does it cost?
Thank you.

dennyglover
just joined

Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:38 pm

when can we get this feature?
Hi!

Why did we develop it??