MikroTik App

arjuneu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Users to PPPoE and Hotspot

Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Hello,

How can I make users to login into PPPoe and Hotspot only. All the users are via Usermanager. I mean, is there anyway to allow a user to log into only via PPPoE not in hotspot. And the other user via hotspot not in PPPoE.

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Users to PPPoE and Hotspot

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:08 pm

Hello,

How can I make users to login into PPPoe and Hotspot only. All the users are via Usermanager. I mean, is there anyway to allow a user to log into only via PPPoE not in hotspot. And the other user via hotspot not in PPPoE.
You should be able to specify what servcies their username can access. (hotspot, pptp, pppoe, etc)

arjuneu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:55 am

Hello,

You should be able to specify what servcies their username can access. (hotspot, pptp, pppoe, etc)

How to specify services for username.

sadeghrafie
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:17 pm

You are able to specify the services in radius. But the point is what ever you specify for each radius server and you can separate services in the user manager easily.
Radius.png
When you are creating a user you can specify the services by choose the correct profile
UM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

arjuneu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:03 pm

You are able to specify the services in radius. But the point is what ever you specify for each radius server and you can separate services in the user manager easily.
Radius.png
When you are creating a user you can specify the services by choose the correct profile
UM.png
How can I specify the service via profile. I have assigned different profiles for hotspot and pppoe. But hotspot user can login into pppoe, pppoe users can login into hotspot. And mikrotik doesn't support the two raduis client with same ip or if you used another ip other than 127.0.0.1, radius server don't respond.

sadeghrafie
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:58 pm

Hmmmmm... So I will try what you say and hope to find any solution. before I tried for login and PPPoE and it works I think.

I think It's need to experts comes and take a look on it. :(

arjuneu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:25 am

I have figured it out..

Add radius clients with two ip address
1) 127.0.0.1 ----- service - hotspot shared sectet--xxxx (as you like)
2) Your Mikrotik Router IP (aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd)----- service --ppp shared secret-yyyy (as you like)

Then, login to UM
Go to customers

Create two customers
One for hotspot (eg. hotspotadmin)
One for pppoe (eg. pppadmin)

then go to routers,
Create two routers
1) Name-Hotspot (or anything you like) ------IP address- 127.0.0.1---shared secret=xxxx (as in the radius client) owner-hotspotadmin
2) Name-PPPOE(or anything you like) ------IP address- (aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd)---shared secret=xxxx (as in the radius client) owner -pppadmin

Now, create the users....
For ppp users, use the owner-pppadmn
For hotspot users, use the owner-hotspotadmin

sadeghrafie
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:39 am

Nice job, I will try it.

danielillu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:11 pm

The field "Name" which identify any "PPP -> Profile" and "Hotspot -> User Profile" matches de "Group Name" field in Usermanager.

When any usermanager user has this field filled and tries to login via any service (PPPoE or Hotspot in this case) the Mikrotik Box tries to match it with its "Profile Name" for the current service.