Community discussions

MikroTik App

kschaefer
just joined
Topic Author

User Manager regularly loses Profiles of Users

Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:35 am

This is been plaguing us for months. At first I thought it must be a problem with the flash memory on the router that was doing the User Manager service so we went to the trouble of moving the User Manager to different hardware and to my surprise the problem still exists. So it has to be some type of bug in the RouterOS or it may have to do with the Router OS having this problem only on certain types of hardware.

Has anyone seen this problem before and do you know if there is a fix for it?

Next thing I was going to try was utilizing a hard drive for storage on an i386-based router instead of flash memory. It seems as though the writes are almost constant.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

sparki
just joined

Re: User Manager regularly loses Profiles of Users

Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:45 am

I've been seeing this as well.

In User Manager the profile is still listed for the user but the log shows there is no current profile, the user list shows the same and from a terminal there is no profile.

When you add another profile to the user it pops up as active with the phantom profile also being active.

The ROS version is 5.22. Not seeing the same issue with an earlier ROS version 5.14

What version are you running and are the symptoms the same?

Cheers,
Dan

kschaefer
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Yes. It is the same version that is giving me trouble on the i386 platform. I had the same problem previously on one of the non-i386 routers.

kschaefer
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:33 pm

I've got support ticket in with Mikrotik and given them lots of details and a support dump file. Haven't heard a word back yet.

mgreant
just joined

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:24 pm

Same issue, using 6.41.

Any news from your side?