MikroTik App

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

User Manager

Wed May 10, 2006 9:57 am

Hi All,

I think ive missed something here, i have upgraded our gateway to 2.9.23 and also added the user-manager package. When i browse to http://mikrotik/userman i get the login page. Great. Now when i enter my admin details and press login the page hangs for a while then i get "std failure: timeout (13)" and a link back to the login screen.

Have i missed something in the setup of this great new package?

Cheers

cdemers
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 10, 2006 2:05 pm

Mikrotik just updated the package, remove the package (reboot to let it uninstall), upload new package from download page, reboot to install, and then from command line, go to /tool user-manager customer add login

After that it fixed it for me.

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu May 11, 2006 12:47 pm

Mikrotik just updated the package, remove the package (reboot to let it uninstall), upload new package from download page, reboot to install, and then from command line, go to /tool user-manager customer add login

After that it fixed it for me.

Many thanks for the tip, i have done this, now i get a "invalid username or password 6" with my mikrotik administrative login?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu May 11, 2006 12:58 pm

where you get this error? you must log in with that what you added there.

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu May 11, 2006 1:32 pm

where you get this error? you must log in with that what you added there.
No problem Normis, i have logged in. Is there any wiki or doc for this new package?

Cheers

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu May 11, 2006 1:44 pm

not yet, but you can start a wiki topic on your own :) http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Main_Page

samsoft08
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu May 11, 2006 11:15 pm

hello

1- when i logged in http://userman.mt.lv/userman,(demo/demo) , only the left frame appears , a blank screen on the right side , nothing working except logout !!!

2- how to use the user-manager pakage , after installing it , is there anyway to deal with it except the command line ?

3- whats the relation between the http://userman.mt.lv/userman and the package ?

actually i didnt understand how its working ?? can we really use it inside our MT routerOS ??

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri May 12, 2006 8:39 am

1- when i logged in http://userman.mt.lv/userman,(demo/demo) , only the left frame appears , a blank screen on the right side , nothing working except logout !!!
what browser you use? we have seen this with safari, but are trying to fix it. with firefox and other browsers it works.
2- how to use the user-manager pakage , after installing it , is there anyway to deal with it except the command line ?
first configure it in the command line, then all further actions you do from the browser
3- whats the relation between the http://userman.mt.lv/userman and the package ?
none. you will have your own page on the router -- http://YOURIP/userman

YES of course this allows you to install the user manager on your own router. userman.mt.lv is just a demo, you don't need to use it. install and use your own.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon May 15, 2006 11:46 am

since the user-manager is in the beta stage, not all menus are in the web interface, so you should configure some things using command line.
We will add the rest menus very soon.

dolf
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Usermanager setup

Mon May 15, 2006 4:57 pm

Is there a rough setup to get me started. I had IAS working with mt but I am missing something in the setup?

Dolf

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue May 16, 2006 9:24 am

dolf
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Manual

Tue May 16, 2006 1:36 pm

I don't have a problem with installing and getting it going. I can acces it and create routers and user etc.

My Mt's don't want to authenticate user there. I get a timeout error.

It is not that I don't know how the radius setup works, I had it Working with Windows 2003's IAS!

I looked forward to this function but can't get it going at the moment. Can somebody for whom it is working not perhaps write a little HOWTO with steps 1 to3 or something like that?

Thanks

Dolf

dolf
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Working now!

Tue May 16, 2006 1:39 pm

Don't worry, I got it working but still don't know what was wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

dolf
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue May 16, 2006 2:01 pm

Can a MT router authenticate its own ppp servers on a User Manager running on itself?

dolf
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue May 16, 2006 2:06 pm

It seems it can, but only when I use 127.0.0.1 as the Radius server and the same for the router.

Is it how it is suppose to work?

Dolf

cmit
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 16, 2006 3:09 pm

I'd say that's sensible. From the RADIUS servers' point of view, the routers' request are coming from localhost (127.0.0.1), and from the routers' point of view he can reach the RADIUS server on localhost.

So that's perfectly sensible (and does indeed work, as you already noted).

Best regards,
Christian Meis

Wed May 17, 2006 11:36 am

[quote="dolf"]It seems it can, but only when I use 127.0.0.1 as the Radius server and the same for the router.

Is it how it is suppose to work?

Dolf[/quote

Hi Dolf, how exactly did you get ppp authentication to work with user manager? I manage to get mikrotik radius communicating with the usermanager radius but it always throws a access reject for pppoe clients. However it will give an access accept for the same un/pass when testing with ntradping utility

Any clues?

dolf
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed May 17, 2006 12:46 pm

Make sure you have ticked the use radius box under the ppp, secrets, AAA button.

Then in the radius setup have ppp ticked.

Coyote

Sat May 27, 2006 8:55 pm

I'd say that's sensible. From the RADIUS servers' point of view, the routers' request are coming from localhost (127.0.0.1), and from the routers' point of view he can reach the RADIUS server on localhost.

So that's perfectly sensible (and does indeed work, as you already noted).

Best regards,
Christian Meis
hello cmit i have installed the user-manager and it is working great, but i have a problem , i'm trying to creat users but it is not dealing with my MT even i have enbled the radius on my MT and on the user-manager i have creat a router and named it xxx user manager, on an ip and this ip i have masqurad it and opened the port needed and still not working, do u have a any idea????

Giepie

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:58 am

Hi Dolf

I had timeout problems too the first time I configured UM. My problem was I ticket the Accounting tick ON under /RADIUS. When I removed it, everything worked fine.