Community discussions

MikroTik App

alferrar
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik user-manager voucher printing

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Hello all,
Due to the limitations of user-manager web application when creating batch users (specially in RouterOS versions 5 and 6) and the difficulty when printing new generated vouchers, I have created a very simple Windows application to assist users in this process.
I wanted to share it with the Mikrotik community. This application can be downloaded from http://www.ferrariehijos.com/readyVoucher and it's totally free if you use the default voucher definition.
I think this application can be very useful for most users.
Please use this forum to post questions that may be useful to other users. For other issues you can contact me at info[at]ferrariehijos.com
Thank you

Kreacher

Re: Mikrotik user-manager voucher printing

Fri May 30, 2014 9:25 pm

Thank you alferrar for this :D

mbrtonpye

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:00 pm

You can try this one too

I have made my software available in a website at the following location:
http://www.softreg.co.uk/HSGAccountTicketGenerator/
You can download it from there.

It will print tickets to just about any printer which is set up to print on a windows machine but is specifically designed to print to 'strip' tickets so will waste paper if you are printing to A4 or Letter (or similar).

I use a very simple POS58 thermal printer which I bought on eBay and it works fine.

The software must be licensed to get all of the functionality working (I may be persuaded to give a few licenses away for free to people who are prepared to help with testing it for me, not everyone though!).

It also uses an MS-SQLServer database for accounting which can be disabled. In theory, it should also work for other databases but I have not tried it and would be interested to hear from people who set it up to run against MySQL etc.

I will write up some documentation when I have chance as there are a lot of features which will need a little explanation.

Have a look, tell me what you think and we will see how well it works!

alferrar
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:04 am

Hello all,
I just released readyVoucher v1.2, that includes new features based on user requests:
- POS printer support including native device fonts and barcodes.
- Multiple user login.
- Generated voucher history.
You can download it at http://www.ferrariehijos.com/readyVoucher
Please continue to send comments and feature requests to info@ferrariehijos.com
Thank you.

usmany
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:01 am

Hi Guys,

I tried all your software for ticket generating, but all seem not giving me all i need to do, eg. no documentation how to go about configuring and interfacing the software with userman/mikrotik, what is the default username and password of login?

These are some of the things we need to ask.

Thanks

Good Job Guys, we appreciate

alferrar
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:51 am

Hello usmany,

readyVoucher user name and password are both set to blank by default (do not enter name and password fields). Setup dialog will open automatically on first execution.

To configure the router, follow these steps:
- Ensure Hotspot is configured and user manager package is installed.
- Open WinBox. Go to IP / Services and ensure API service is enabled. Close WinBox.
- Open your user manager web interface: http://YOURROUTER/userman
- Create user profiles: set profile name, price and duration. These profiles will be used to create vouchers in readyVoucher.

To configure readyVoucher, follow these steps:
- Click setup button.
- On general values tab, create readyVoucher users using Add button. Set your desired user name and password.
- Enter router data: fill router address field with the IP of your router and API port field with the port configured for API Access (leave default value 8728 if you didn't change this at the router).
- Enter API username and password to access MikroTik API service. For basic setup, use same values you use to access to WinBox.

For extended help, refer to http://www.ferrariehijos.com/readyVoucher/help.shtml.
Regards
Hi Guys,

I tried all your software for ticket generating, but all seem not giving me all i need to do, eg. no documentation how to go about configuring and interfacing the software with userman/mikrotik, what is the default username and password of login?

These are some of the things we need to ask.

Thanks

Good Job Guys, we appreciate

usmany
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Thank you so much alferrar, i will try that

cardlinux
just joined

Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:14 pm

Hello all,
I just released readyVoucher v1.2, that includes new features based on user requests:
- POS printer support including native device fonts and barcodes.
- Multiple user login.
- Generated voucher history.
You can download it at http://www.ferrariehijos.com/readyVoucher
Please continue to send comments and feature requests to info@ferrariehijos.com
Thank you.
I tried your application and its very nice and useful. Does voucher may have different width regard to some fiscal printer?

alferrar
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:48 am

Hello cardlinux,
Voucher width is fully configurable. Please fill voucher width field with your paper width.
You can test your voucher design using printer test button.
Please do not hesitate to contact me again if you have other questions.
Regards
I tried your application and its very nice and useful. Does voucher may have different width regard to some fiscal printer?

cardlinux
just joined

Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:04 pm

Please do not hesitate to contact me again if you have other questions.
Regards
Thanks and i'll bear in mind. Does have some way to obtain full version of rV?

alferrar
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:37 am

Thanks and i'll bear in mind. Does have some way to obtain full version of rV?
You already have the full version of readyVoucher. To use all features you have to buy a license and register. Please refer to http://www.ferrariehijos.com/readyVoucher for details.
Regards

loveman

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:26 pm

If i need using only ready voucher with hotspot server how can that ?
What is the number of users can create in ready voucher

alferrar
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:51 am

Hello loveman
You can use readyVoucher for user creation in user-manager or in hotspot user list. You can use only one method or both simultaneously.
There's no limitation about number of users created, but when using user-manager you have to take into account that maximum simultaneous logged users depends on your RouterOs license level. With hotspot list users this limit is not a problem.

purana

Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:20 pm

You can use readyVoucher for user creation in user-manager or in hotspot user list. You can use only one method or both simultaneously.
I found a youtube video in the last few days where a fellow walks through the use of your readyVoucher. It was quite good to see. I should dig it out and link here.

enman
just joined

Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:55 am

alferrar,
I'm trying to use a demo version before buying and I'm having problems with hAP ac

1. I'm trying to generate a voucher for the user-manager and the user is not created. If I generate vouchers on a hotspot - users are created. There are no any error messages, but users are not created in the user manager.

2. The program does not support Cyrillic? If I try to type Russian text on the voucher, it is output to the printer in cp1252 code page and is not displayed correctly. And this problem is on any printer.

PPJ

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:32 pm

I have been using a licenced version of this program for a number of years now with great success. I am very satisfied with it and would recommend it without reservations.

The reason I am writing here is because of a frustration I experience with MS Windows 10. In error I allowed an update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and that was where my problems started. So this might be off topic in this forum.

Every time Windows 10 forces an update on my device the "system signature" changes and my ReadyVoucher program becomes "unlicensed" and I loose functionality. To recover, I then go back to a Windows restore point that discard the Win10 update and I get my full ReadyVoucher functionality back. Just to be forced again to update. I have done all I could to try and prevent Win10 from updating. but was not successful sofar. I am not a Windows user by choice.......

I have asked Aldo about this and he is happy to help me migrate his program back to Windows 7 - Thank you Aldo.

To try and get advice from MS on this seem to be impossible. Are there any other Mikrotik Userman and ReadyVoucher users that have the same difficulty that I have, and are there any advice that I can follow to prevent this cycle? I would like to try and resolve this issue before migrating back to a different device running Windows 7.

Thank you.

alferrar
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:15 pm

I have been using a licenced version of this program for a number of years now with great success. I am very satisfied with it and would recommend it without reservations.

The reason I am writing here is because of a frustration I experience with MS Windows 10. In error I allowed an update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and that was where my problems started. So this might be off topic in this forum.

Every time Windows 10 forces an update on my device the "system signature" changes and my ReadyVoucher program becomes "unlicensed" and I loose functionality. To recover, I then go back to a Windows restore point that discard the Win10 update and I get my full ReadyVoucher functionality back. Just to be forced again to update. I have done all I could to try and prevent Win10 from updating. but was not successful sofar. I am not a Windows user by choice.......

I have asked Aldo about this and he is happy to help me migrate his program back to Windows 7 - Thank you Aldo.

To try and get advice from MS on this seem to be impossible. Are there any other Mikrotik Userman and ReadyVoucher users that have the same difficulty that I have, and are there any advice that I can follow to prevent this cycle? I would like to try and resolve this issue before migrating back to a different device running Windows 7.

Thank you.
Dear PPJ,

The problem with licensing is due to some Windows 10 big updates. These updates are seen as a full system reinstall. You have several ways to solve this problem:
1. Contact info@ferrariehijos.com to update your license to the new system key when update happens. It is free.
2. Disable Windows update.
3. Upgrade your license to a router-based one. Doing so, license is valid in any Windows machine and Windows updates does not invalidate the license.

Regards

PPJ

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:56 am

Thank you alferar

It is not possible to disable updates in Windows 10 Home.

I have how ever found a way to keep working.

I will update to a version of the program where 1 pc can do several routers since I have a few. ZAR - Euro conversion not favourable.

Thank you.

jerald03
just joined

Thu May 17, 2018 6:38 am

Hi, I'm new here, I just want to ask if there is a way to create vouchers using Haplite RB941-2nD (smips). I've checked the available packages
and learned that user-manager is not available for smips.

alferrar
just joined
Topic Author

Fri May 18, 2018 11:45 am

Hi, I'm new here, I just want to ask if there is a way to create vouchers using Haplite RB941-2nD (smips). I've checked the available packages
and learned that user-manager is not available for smips.
Dear Jerald,

You are true, hAP lite does not have user-manager, but you can create vouchers using hotspot list.
The only drawback is that vouchers are activated during creation, so it is not possible to start counting validity time on first login, as user-manager does.
For the rest, it is better to use hotspot vouchers in a L4 license, since it allows up to 200 simultaneous users.

christiansasig
just joined

Thu May 31, 2018 10:07 pm

Hello, I found this incredible app for android is called MikroTicket https://fhx47.app.goo.gl/mikroticket generates tickets or vouchers for access by hotspot mikrotik and you can configure access times, bandwidth, time runs and makes automatic removal of the vouchers, I use it in my business. https://youtu.be/DZqg4BIMEUw Regards

loveman

Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:00 pm

Hello, I found this incredible app for android is called MikroTicket https://fhx47.app.goo.gl/mikroticket generates tickets or vouchers for access by hotspot mikrotik and you can configure access times, bandwidth, time runs and makes automatic removal of the vouchers, I use it in my business. https://youtu.be/DZqg4BIMEUw Regards
Dear sir,
When installed the app.
The app need to login with email..
I did not want to enter login with email how can that?
Thank you