Page 1 of 1

Bug with User Manager on v6.15

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:19 pm
by gius64
Hello,
I have a problem with User Manager.

I have a bridged pppoe network and I'm using User Manager to manage users.

I upgraded the gateway from 6.9 to 6.15 and I had an issue with limits.

I have different profiles in user manager with different speeds.

After my upgrade and a reboot for users CPE, all the users with 10mbps/1mbps profile got 10mbps/4mbps profile (it exists) instead of 10mbps/1mbps profile.

This is the profile in um:
profile.jpg
This is the limitation:
limit.jpg
And this is what they got in simple queues in the APs:
wrong.jpg
To solve this, i have to remove and re-create 10mbps/4mbps profile and then reboot APs or CPEs.

I noticed I have the same effect removing and creating another profile.

The problem is solved until I reboot the gateway: I have to repeat the operation above to have it solved.

I didn't have this issue before upgrade.

How can I solve this?

[Ticket#2014062166000201]

Re: Bug with User Manager on v6.15

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:11 pm
by andreas140265
Same problem for me too.
UM > RB1100AHx2, HotSpot > RB433AH
Limitations (Bandwidth-Transfer) applied by UM are (half the times) wrong .
It seems that sometimes, for some uknown reason, the UM is unable to get the correct values from its Database.
At the same time the values in UM User Page are also wrong. Inside user-manager the User-Profile tab shows wrong values,
while the active profile is correct and has different limitations

I have to tell you that I often reboot the UM device in order to get rid of the known "Session time out..." error in UM web-ui
What I guess is that UM after a reboot does not load correctly the profile limitations, so the clients connected via UM
have wrong priviledges.

Versions greater than 6.19, claim that the "Session time out..." error is corrected but they have so many bugs that i cannot
install them.

If someone has a solution please post.

Re: Bug with User Manager on v6.15

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:32 pm
by hossain2004a
Same problem and I emailed mikrotik. It's from browser's cache and It will kill you!!!
First of all you should remove all limitation from terminal and then clear your browser's cache and then make new limitation.

Re: Bug with User Manager on v6.15

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:44 am
by andreas140265
Same problem and I emailed mikrotik. It's from browser's cache and It will kill you!!!
First of all you should remove all limitation from terminal and then clear your browser's cache and then make new limitation.
You mean to remove Limitations as stand-alone Limitations or the Limitations that have been applied to the profiles?
Do I have to remove-recreate the Profiles also?
Is it better if I create new Limitations (or Profiles) using command line(terminal)?

UM Database is abit strange to me. Did Mikrotik reply about the real cause of the problem?
Which way is browser's cashe involved?

Too many questions, I know, but as you said this bug is killing me....
TIA

Re: Bug with User Manager on v6.15

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:39 am
by hossain2004a
First I removed all of limitation in userman from web but they still existed!!!
so:

in terminal:
tool user-manager profile  profile-limitation 
print
delete all assigned limitation to profile. no need to delete profile
tool user-manager profile limitation
print
delete all limitation.
and then try to make new limitation with correct rates. so after that you can assign it to your users. if you have problem with usermanager in web you can do it from terminal. This was all i did to solve my problem. I wanted to limit my wireless customers to only have 150KB receiving.
I dont know about HTML and CSS. but All about this CSS is that it sucks and it would kill you because of caching and etc. I did lots of tricks to work with this. also i should train my employee to work with that.