Community discussions

MikroTik App

hijacker83
just joined
Topic Author

create hotspot users using hotel management software data

Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:35 pm

Hi everyone. We have a small hotel. Just bought MikroTik RB951Ui-2HnD for WiFi hotspot purposes. We would like to create users and passwords automatically since we don’t have enough staff and time to create a WIFI hotspot user every time guests checks-in.
I don't have an idea how mikrotik works. Can you suggest me how we can create users automatically using hotel management software data?
If I create a csv file every 30 minutes which contains the Guest name, email address, check-out date
For example,
John Vikas;john@bigpond.com;09/02/15
Timothy Young;tim@westnet.com.au;07/02/15
Can I use this data to create users automatically? Guest name could be use as a username and email address could be use as a password and the account would be valid until check-out date. Can you suggest any other method if this is not possible.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

hossain2004a
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: create hotspot users using hotel management software data

Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:31 am

I don't know what software you are using, but for that purpose, you're software should be capable of:
1- connecting to MT (radius)
2- and creating users automatically as you desired.

or if you want to use free radius of MT there is only "batch" option which will let you to make numbers of users at once.

hijacker83
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. As I said I don't have a clue how mikrotik works. Our hotel management software called guestpoint (www.guestpoint.com) Can you explain how to:
1- connect to MT (radius)
2- create users automatically

Thanks a lot.

hossain2004a
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:25 am

The website is blocked in my country :D :D
so you should check the software and see whether there is any radius section or not.

hijacker83
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:02 pm

The website is blocked in my country :D :D
so you should check the software and see whether there is any radius section or not.
No it doesn't have any radius section. I also contacted the developer team off the software they said that they don't have wifi hotspot integration.

hossain2004a
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:58 am

If so, you're not able to use that because there is no facility in software to do your jobs and no connecting to router.
maybe you should use mikrotik free radius, ha?

hijacker83
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:25 pm

Can I install free radius on windows?
What I need to ask to the guestpoint development team After install the free radius?
Thanks.

pribasv
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:02 pm

You could use our solution, it's been developed just to do exactly this.

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=94210

The download link in the post includes a working example that reads data from a text file, just as in your case, and creates the users on the mikrotik router. In the readme.txt there's a brief usage explanation.

hijacker83
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:04 pm

You could use our solution, it's been developed just to do exactly this.

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=94210

The download link in the post includes a working example that reads data from a text file, just as in your case, and creates the users on the mikrotik router. In the readme.txt there's a brief usage explanation.
Thank you very much I will look at it and I will let you know.

iconwifi
just joined

Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:51 am

Yes, We can Create username and password automatically but you can't have access to your log's. It may be an issue if users misuse the data.
Iconwifi is the one of leading wifi hotspot management software provider with affordable price and advanced features. Our software most secure platform for connecting your users.
When you create customized login page by using OTP based registration to the register mobile number. splash pages and also can promote your social media presence to engage the users on social media for remarketing purpose.
With iconwifi you can manage multiple locations from a single dashboard and also you can create banners ads, video ads an landing page for multiple locations for the single dashboard.
where you can create individual bandwidth for the users and limitations of the user as you customized like hourly, daily, and weekly wise. We also integrated with online payment gatway. You can analyze complete data using Insights And Analytics.
For More Details:https://www.iconwifi.in/

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:21 pm

Why create/print individual usernames/pass for every customer and not just create ONE username/password for all customers? (shared users must be set to something like 200)

Another one. Create permanent username/password for every room like...

Room 100 = User:36406 pass:13546
Room 101 = user:62494 pass:38262

You can set shared users to 2 for example so every room can login with only 2 devices!

With both ways you dont have to use USER MANAGER.