Community discussions

MikroTik App

andreas140265
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

PayPal - ssl connection error: handshake failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (6)

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:42 am

All of a sudden I get this error message when paypal is trying to report UM a successful payment
I use ROS6.27 on a RB2011
The problem just appeared without any setup changes
Any ideas?

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: PayPal - ssl connection error: handshake failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (6)

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:05 pm

All of a sudden I get this error message when paypal is trying to report UM a successful payment
I use ROS6.27 on a RB2011
The problem just appeared without any setup changes
Any ideas?
Known issue.
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=88770

joserudi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: PayPal - ssl connection error: handshake failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (6)

Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:34 pm

ROS 6.28rc17 and User Manager 6.28rc17 still the same error.

joserudi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:03 pm

ROS 6.28rc18 and User Manager 6.28rc18 Works fine. Thanks MikroTik.

http://www.mikrotik.com/download/share/ ... latest.zip

andreas140265
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:09 am

It is strange, maybe Mikrotik is able to explain.

The same error message appeared again but the UM did everything ok. The user got his profile.

Any changes at Peypal maybe?

coolspot
just joined

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:22 pm

It is strange, maybe Mikrotik is able to explain.

The same error message appeared again but the UM did everything ok. The user got his profile.

Any changes at Peypal maybe?
The changes were in PayPal dropping/shutting off SSL 3.0, MikroTik seem to have provided a part fix. I am experiencing the same Handshak error but user gets profile.

Any body else with feedback?

coolspot
just joined

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:24 pm

ROS 6.28rc18 and User Manager 6.28rc18 Works fine. Thanks MikroTik.

http://www.mikrotik.com/download/share/ ... latest.zip
Does it work fine? We are still experiencing same error message but profile is assigned this time. Not completely a fix. Are you experiencing a complete fix?

AlexN
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:45 pm

I tried 6.28rc20. We have notification about successful payment and handshake is ok, user gets activated but profile NOT assigned correctly and user cannot log in. Does anybody see the same?

MECHEGUREN
just joined

Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:34 pm

For way Mikrotik team never answer ????????????????????

AlexN
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi!
Can anybody send me ROS 6.28rc18 for tests? Because 6.28rc20 has some issues with profile assignment nevertheless successful payment.

Thanks!

coolspot
just joined

Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:51 pm

What is taking so long to get MikroTik to fix this correctly!
I am seriously disappointed that its taken almost a month to get half a fix- The fix in 6.28rc20 doesn't even work right!

The user manager paypal problem which now has evolved in to a profile assignment issue as well is an utter shame for this brand. I really hope that is will get fixed soon or we will not be commissioning any new networks with their products.

If any body has any updates on their intentions please let us know

andreas140265
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:31 pm

I am seriously disappointed that its taken almost a month to get half a fix- The fix in 6.28rc20 doesn't even work right!

The user manager paypal problem which now has evolved in to a profile assignment issue as well is an utter shame for this brand. I really hope that is will get fixed soon or we will not be commissioning any new networks with their products.

what you get is exactly what you pay for....
(an old Greek saying)

I have to say that Mikrotik is very honest giving such products at such a price.
If someone wants what someone wants, then the price is out there...

I'm researching hardware to deploy a major government wireless network.
I'm close to choose certain well known products, carrier grade class.
You don't wanna know the price....!!!!!

So be happy with what Mikrotik offers, or put your hand deep in your pocket
in order to have exactly what you want...

Regards
AK

PS: Of course I'm also mad about the time Mikrotik needs to respond. I' sure
they can do better.

emils
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:40 am

It looks like you are the only one who is facing this issue, well at least the only one, who opened support ticket. We have not changed anything with profiles for a very long time. This leads me to suspect that it is some sort of misconfiguration issue on your side. Is 'starts-at' set to now? When was the first time you saw this issue?

AlexN
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:19 pm

Hi!

I also has this problem and I've opened ticket #2015040366000416 a week ago but without any answers at all despite I wrote almost every day after that. I sent supout attached and I can replicate this problem every time! I tried to get things working with clean setup and tried it with one surely working backup that was downloaded from production system (it was working till 24th of March PayPal changed certificates). The problem is that after successful payment I see that user is activated and I can see profile added at "All profiles" but the "Actual profile" is blank and user have no chance to log in because "no valid profile found". In 6.26 and 6.27 you can get in the same trouble just renaming old profiles. After renaming it behaves the same way as I wrote above. But we could re-add profiles and go on (if not tacking into account users that lost their profiles). But with 6.28rc20 I couldn't manage to make it working at all! And yes, there is "Starts: Now".
I can provide config and do any tests you want, if you cannot do. Just bring it back working, please!

It looks like you are the only one who is facing this issue, well at least the only one, who opened support ticket. We have not changed anything with profiles for a very long time. This leads me to suspect that it is some sort of misconfiguration issue on your side. Is 'starts-at' set to now? When was the first time you saw this issue?
Last edited by AlexN on Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexN
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:24 pm

Forgot to say that manual addition of profile works ok but assignment of the profile via paypal doesn't work at all with 6.28rc20.

coolspot
just joined

Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:56 am

what you get is exactly what you pay for....
(an old Greek saying)

I have to say that Mikrotik is very honest giving such products at such a price.
If someone wants what someone wants, then the price is out there...

I'm researching hardware to deploy a major government wireless network.
I'm close to choose certain well known products, carrier grade class.
You don't wanna know the price....!!!!!

So be happy with what Mikrotik offers, or put your hand deep in your pocket
in order to have exactly what you want...

Regards
AK

PS: Of course I'm also mad about the time Mikrotik needs to respond. I' sure
they can do better.

Quite the contraindication in your words, Bottom line is you sell some thing, you support it. Even if you don't want to support it or don't have the man power to support it that doesn't change anything, its a legal obligation. No one said anything was wrong with MT products so I think you sprung to their defence a little quick there.

andreas140265
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:01 am

Any feedback using v6.28? Is the problem solved?

emils
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:49 pm

Please write to support@mikrotik.com. There are no known bugs at the moment regarding this issue.

andreas140265
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:35 pm

Please write to support@mikrotik.com. There are no known bugs at the moment regarding this issue.
I suppose that you want to inform us that the problem is solved. When? In which version?
But I don't understand what do you mean by saying that "there are no known bugs"
The whole post refers to the specific bug, please read the post.

andreas140265
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:40 pm

The whole post refers to the specific bug, please read the post.
The whole thread refers to the specific bug, please read the thread.

emils
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:56 pm

SSL socket errors were fixed way back in 6.28rc18, it was already more than 3 weeks ago. That is what this thread is about.

andreas140265
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:46 am

SSL socket errors were fixed way back in 6.28rc18, it was already more than 3 weeks ago. That is what this thread is about.

emils says that errors fixed way back in 6.28rc18
coolspot says that fix in 6.28rc20 doesn't even work right!

6.28rc18 is prior to 6.28rc20 isn't it?

I'm a bit confused...

emils
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:21 am

coolspot has some configuration issues that we are working on together right now. No one else has reported any issues regarding Paypal since 6.28rc18.

andreas140265
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:54 pm

coolspot has some configuration issues that we are working on together right now. No one else has reported any issues regarding Paypal since 6.28rc18.
ok thanks