Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

triac
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

How to configure MT Radius client and User Manager?

Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:35 pm

Hi all!

This is my problem... I have a MT (x86 based) and I want use it only as User Manager for my wireless network (all my AP's are MT x86 and RB500). When I try to login to my router I have this message on router log: User xxx authentication failed-Radius Timeout (6)

This is my test:

User Manager configuration:

1) User created on User Manager
2) Remote Router added to User Manager (IP address=IP of remote Router, secret=puntox)

Remote Router Configuration:

1) PPPoE Server activated (with local accounting it work fine)
2) Radius activated (address=IP address of User Manager, Secret=puntox, service=ppp - see below)

[tivuesse@AP Coste (GW)] > radius
[tivuesse@AP Coste (GW)] radius> print
Flags: X - disabled
# SERVICE CALLED-ID DOMAIN ADDRESS SECRET
0 ppp 112.135.10.1 puntox
[tivuesse@AP Coste (GW)] radius>

3) AAA Radius activated (see below)

[tivuesse@AP Coste (GW)] > ppp
[tivuesse@AP Coste (GW)] ppp> aaa
[tivuesse@AP Coste (GW)] ppp aaa> print
use-radius: yes
accounting: yes
interim-update: 10s
[tivuesse@AP Coste (GW)] ppp aaa>

Where I've mistaken?

Thank You

Paolo

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: How to configure MT Radius client and User Manager?

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:03 am

--------------------
Hi,

I did try yet, userman with pppoe, now my userman running for hotspot, I hope MT's person make end this solved....

regards
BalimoreDOTcom
-------------------

triac
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:01 am

Hi balimore

I have some news.... I've tried to connect UM and MT hotspot via ethernet port, all work fine, same test with PPPoE server, it's OK! But when I try to use a remote hotspot or PPPoE server connected to UM via wireless link (using EoIP tunnel) I have radius timeout error. (in the login page of hotspot have the message "radius server not responding"). I think the problem it's the EoIP tunnel, it's possible?

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:39 pm

--------------------------
Hi, Tri...

many thanks about your news

I thimg is possible with eoip to make bridge client site.
but, for me for this time can not try try and try....i don't want idle time cause it, my network now still running for 24 hours without problem, so i must make sure, if make new configs, just inform to you my system now offered to supply them dynamical IPs [many subnets], pppoe, over lan and wireless [AP to AP and VirtualAP together]. and now still running. from last two weeks ago i had next router[PC-Router with level 6] and now stay in our workshop for replace old router, my schedule must be clear move old system with new router one than i hope can visit MUM on 7-8th Sept 2006 in Lion country. my estimate to move them, we need running together dynamical IPs, pppoe and hotspot and webserver too with one interface, now around 60 persen config to make new system, maybe next week i will start to move them. next generation my secenario must be plug N play method. about userman now running too with new system temporary hotspot only.....that's okay.....

Thanks
Regards

BalimoreDOTcom
--------------