Community discussions

zuku
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Manage export - import

Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:06 am

Hi,
My problem is when I do export to file, and then import from file on new mikrotik (source mikrotik has 6.37.5. ROS and destination have 6.38 ROS) I can't import this config because of errors:
"expected end of command (line.... column...)". If I edit this rsc file and remove this line, problem returns with other lines.

Steveocee
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Manage export - import

Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi,
What editor are you using?
It's probably not the best idea to move between versions with an imported export as the newer version may not have some of the older references, some things change between version numbers which you may be referencing.

To debug you could manually copy and paste the lines from the rsc file until you find the problem lines and amend as needed?
Steve "Steveocee" Carter
PC Gamer, Airsofter, MikroTik Nerd
My Website - My MikroTik Tutorials

WeWiNet
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:58 pm

It is the EOL that causes this. Which OS (windows or Mac) are you on and which editor?
I use Atom on Mac to edit the files and it works well (but had to adjust soem EOL settings there).
This means also that I can not take a MAC/Atom edited file and re-use on say Windows/Atom (at least not for me).
When I would then run it on Mtik it will give those errors because the editor "changed" the EOL code.
WeWiNet

MTCNA
hapac2, map, hap-lite

zuku
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:22 pm

I use notepad++ on windows 10, do you thing this is problem related to ROS 6.37.5 & 6.38 differences?
E.g import ends at very simple config like:
/ip neighbor discovery
set ether7 comment="WAN2 - DSL" discover=no

WeWiNet
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi Zuku,

Have you tried to re-import on the 6.37 ROS ? if it works then its not an editor issue and it might be due to 6.38.
You could downgrad to 6.37 that 6.38 machine and then upgrade to 6.38 (and then to 6.43 as the safe version)

Please note today 6.43 this command would fail, it is now
/ip neighbor discovery-settings ...
But I can;t say if this was changed just between 6,37 and 6.38, I would guess no.
WeWiNet

MTCNA
hapac2, map, hap-lite