Community discussions

MikroTik App

kzla
Topic Author

Hotspot Problems on hAP Lite

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:51 am

I bought hAP Lite recently and was having problems setting up Hotspot.

so I asked here http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=100639 and got my hotspot working like a charm.

I woke up this morning and found that the hotspot was not working anymore. After logging into hotspot, it logs and authenticates user but stucks on opening any page, in google chrome in the status (Left hand bottom) it keeps writing " Trying to estabilish secure connection " and nothing happens after that ..
Followed that thread again but didn't help that thing go.

So I decided to start from scratch configuring hAP Lite

Reset >

After connecting my internet connection on Internet port
and LAN wire from Eth2 port to PC, I am able to access internet and opened router in chrome.
I get my Internet connection from WISP Router which assigns Internet port of hAP an adress as you can see.
I also configured my Wireless Network with security settings.

Now I went to Winbox

Winbox > Wireless

Thats the current wireless status

Clicked on Blue Plus > Virtual AP

Now I have a Virtual Hotspot AP

Next I configured Adress for this Virtual AP Interface

IP > Addresses > Blue Plus

Apply and OK

Now I configured DHCP Server on the Hotspot AP Interface

IP > DHCP Server

DHCP Server setup finished

Now I went to Firewall to add rules

IP > Firewall > NAT Tab > Added Rule >

IP > Firewall > Filter Tab

In actions tab i put it to drop mode

Same thing done in reverse manner for the src and dst ips and i put it again in drop mode

After this was done I went on configuring Hotspot

IP > Hotspot > Hotspot Setup

Now I went on modifying server profile > hsprof1 > Login Tab > Unchecked Cookie

Then went to User Profile Tab to custom user profile for a limit speed of 512 Kbps

Then Created a user with Profile set to 512 Kbps

Connected Laptop to Hotspot Wifi Network > Chrome > my.login.com (DNS Name I specified in Hotspot Setup)

After Logging in > I try to open web and it gets stuck like this

Any Ideas what am I missing ?
Or I need to reinstall hotspot package ? What should i do ?

deanMKD1

Re: Hotspot Problems on hAP Lite

Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:00 pm

You have only one rule for firewall filter . Make a new one to separate 192.168.99.10/24 not 192.168.90.0/24 as you do now.. Look that ip adress on ether1-gateway is 192.168.99.0. Also when set dhcp client set the lease time to be 00:10:00 not 3d 00:00:00

kzla
Topic Author

Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:33 am

You have only one rule for firewall filter . Make a new one to separate 192.168.99.10/24 not 192.168.90.0/24 as you do now.. Look that ip adress on ether1-gateway is 192.168.99.0. Also when set dhcp client set the lease time to be 00:10:00 not 3d 00:00:00
Thanks Dean. :D

Let me try that

kzla
Topic Author

Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:00 pm

Ah..
Okay I think the DHCP client solved the problem but another problem has just arrived...

The page stucks on opening www . google .com , youtube .com , blogger . com and facebook . com
it keeps on saying Estabilishing secure connection and does nothing .. however other pages are opening fine

any ideas ? :(

kzla
Topic Author

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:49 pm

I think this is a weird problem and it is happening with the sites which have https:// at their web address ..

Rest all websites are opening like a charm

deanMKD1

Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi sorry for late answer, yes that is known issue ONLY with HTTPS sites !! For resolving that issue, you will need to buy SSL sertificate and upload to your MT.

kzla
Topic Author

Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:08 am

without logging into hotspot when you open any site it would redirect you to hotspot page. HTTPS:// sites do not redirect to hotspot page. For that I will need a certificate..

But I am asking if I dont have certificate,
I am just simply logging into hotspot by entering DNS Name (as my dns i made was my.login.com)
also after login I can access HTTP Sites but when i tried to open HTTPS sites such as youtube, facebook, even google.. they are not accesible.. That's my problem :(
Initially I did configurations and it was working fine .. Don't know what went wrong ..