Community discussions

MikroTik App

sattip
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik hotspot and Unifi as Access Point

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:16 am

I have mikrotik Routerboard-RB951Ui-2HnD i set up a bridge using wlan and eth2. Eth1 is WAN port.

On teh bridge i have set up a hotspot. It is working fine. On eth2 i have put a unifi access point. When i try to connect to the unifi access point i get ip address but i cannot access the web, it returns DNS error.
I have added an exception at ip binding on mikrotik with the MAC of the unifi.

The weird thing is that if i get authenticated using mikrotik and then go to unifi access point then i have internet access.

So i am guessing that when i connected through unifi i dont get redirected to the mikrotik login page.

Can you help me on that?

Feklar
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik hotspot and Unifi as Access Point

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:00 pm

The UniFi controller has a built in firewall on each access point that blocks communication to all RFC 1918 addresses. You need to add the MikroTik's Hotspot address to the allowed IP subnets so that you commputer can communicate properly. Something like 192.168.88.1/32 for a signle address.

bwbb
just joined

Mikrotik hotspot and Unifi as Access Point

Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:19 pm

The Unifi firewall for RFC 1918 private IP addresses is only on an SSID you've set up as a guest network.

One thing to consider is if your homepage is https (Google, Facebook...), it can't be redirected without throwing an certificate error.

Sent from my mobile device.

sattip
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:15 am

If i get connected to the unifi i cannot ping the router at all, but i get ip address from Mikrotik DHCP. But in case i am already authenticated to the mikrotik, i can ping the router through the unifi.

i have not pc for controller just used my laptop for the initial setup.

Feklar
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:16 pm

Did you setup the SSID for the access point as a guest one? If so, those settings are still in place even though it's not directly associated with a controller. By default the MikroTik does not repond to pings on the Hotspot interface for guests that are unauthorized.