Community discussions

MikroTik App

onlineuser
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

where does this setting come from?

Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:36 pm

When I connect a client to the mikrotik RB2011 I see the router-name "Mikrotik-XXYYZZ" in the network interface overview. The last 3 tuples are the last three from the wireless MAC from the mikrotik router.

Under system I set the router name to "test". Moreover, the default ssid from the wireless NIC is also called "Mikrotik-XXYYZZ", but I also changed it to test but the ethernet ID does not change.

Where is this parameter hidden?
mikrotik.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by onlineuser on Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skuykend
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: where does this setting come from?

Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:28 pm

Pretty sure the only place MikroTik RoS uses that name format is on the SSID.

I think that's just Windows remembering the initial SSID you connected with. I would try deleting the Windows wireless connection and then connect again and see if it doesn't come up with the new SSID.

onlineuser
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: where does this setting come from?

Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:43 pm

No, the problem is that the last three tuple appears in Windows when I connect via cable but the showd MAC comes from the wireless NIC from the mikrotik router which is disabled.

I tried to connect a "fresh" laptop which never was connected to the router and then Windows detected the router also with the label "MikroTik-XXYYZZ". :-(

How can detect Windows the router which is only connected to ether2 port with the thre tuple of the wireless NIC which is disabled?

wlan2 on the screenshot is another wireless router (not the mikrotik).

When I open the wireless adapter in winbox in advanced view there appears a setting called "radio name" down after the ssid which is set to the wireless MAC but it also does nit help to change or remove the radio name. :-(