Community discussions

MikroTik App

GiovanniG
Topic Author

Suggestion for a new project (2SSID in roaming), thank you

Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:57 pm

Good evening! Thank you for your attention! I'm going to wiring a new restaurant and I'm thinking about Microtic technology, as I've seen it working in another restaurant with the same features I need, here is the description:

I have an ethernet cable with public IP from provider, it should be connected to the first router in office which will NAT it into two IP domains, one private for office purposes and mobile terminals of waitress for orders (working on Wi Fi), and one domain for free Wi-Fi for clients.

The router in office: it should provide a Wi-Fi with single SSID (the private network domain) and assign DHCP for both domains. The router has to have minimum 3 LAN ports (to 6 max) for private network usage (fixed computers/servers/etc), and 2 LAN ports (or 1, if the access points have more then 1 LAN port and can be connected in serial) (with VLAN inside I suppose to differ the two IP domains) for connecting the 2 Wi-Fi access points.

The access points: they should broadcast the 2 SSID (private and free wi-fi), with roaming feature (for both SSID) between each other (roaming with private domain SSID of office is optional, welcomed but not necessary), they may be connected in serie (in one router ethernet input from office and output to the other AP), using four configurable different 20MHz channels for avoiding overlaps (each AP uses 2 channels), and the AP should have a capable antennas (better with diversity) instead of "built-in" one (in the restaurant I saw the Mikrotik are without antennas, and the signal is not that strong).

The internet connection may be around 20 megabit symmetric, so there is no need to big performances

Considering a solutin that may contain costs, what models you would suggest me? Thank you