Community discussions

MikroTik App

TrisT
just joined
Topic Author

Post-4G router/hotspot connecting difficulties.

Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:17 pm

Hi, I went through a web page that got me receiving internet from a 4g hotspot/modem, now need help with doing a proper dmz and making it so that I can connect my devices to mikrotik instead of the wifi interface only receiving.

First of all, don't know how to set up a static IP on the other router for the mikrotik (Every time I tried deactivating it's DHCP, I ended up having to completely reset it).

Then, I have no idea at all on how turn the actual mikrotik's wifi on so I can connect my devices to it instead of the shitty router. (this is my main goal at this point).

Which all begs the question, why are you not connecting your modem/hotspot/router by usb to the router? Well it does not work, no change in the interface list whatsoever, nothing, maybe drivers? I really don't even know if it's possible to fix ti, which I would like because as it is now my ping is like 10ms more than when I connected from usb to my pc. (I can deal with it as long as my local speez r fast, tho I would be thrilled if any of you could get me to get this going)
  1. I'm running WinBox v6.33.1 on CRS125-24G-1S-2HnD
  2. The hotspot/router/modem/whatever is a Vodafone Connect prime 6 (R216z).
  3. The repeater is a TL-WA830RE V3

Thanks in advance.