Community discussions

MikroTik App

davidreaton
just joined
Topic Author

Basic CRS Question

Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:36 pm

Hello:

I have a CRS125-24G-1S-2HnD-IN switch and I need help to setup a simple configuration.

I have wireless access points attached (eth20, eth22) which generate tagged VLAN traffic (VLAN = 10 and 20). I want to pass this tagged traffic through to eth2, and on to my Cloud Core Router. This works well with the default switch configuration - traffic is directed properly, devices get addresses from the correct IP pools etc. . I also want to tag selected physical ports for VLAN 10 or 20, and also pass this traffic to eth2 (for example, tag all eth16 traffic with VLAN 20). When I assign an ingress VLAN tag (20) to port 16, eth16 successfully joins VLAN 20. However, the VLANs coming in on eth20 and eth22 stop working.

I'm missing something. Setup help will be greatly appreciated! I hope my description is clear. I have a diagram, but can't upload the attachment.

Thank You in Advance -

skuykend
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Basic CRS Question

Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:54 pm

It seems once you start with some switch VLAN settings on the CRS you need to setup at least VLAN tagging as well.

First make sure you checked/set SA learning on for the ingress you added.

Next you can try just adding VLAN tagging entries for VLAN10 & 20 with the proper tagged ports, including CPU if it needs access. This section does not include untagged ports.

You may need to (probably should) setup the VLAN section as well that includes all VLANS and ports tagged and untagged. Again make sure that SA learning is on.

After you get this working you can go to Switch/settings and uncheck forward invalid VLANs if you want make sure invalid vlans can't invade/cross.

Check out the port based VLANs here for more: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CRS_examples

davidreaton
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Basic CRS Question

Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Thanks @skuykend. You're correct, when you alter the default configuration, the VLANs need to be set up manually. I did this and all is well.

Thank you again and best regards,

Dave