Community discussions

MikroTik App

alunix
just joined
Topic Author

RB1100AH and 3 Sectoral UBNT Rocket M2 PPPOE + Hotspot Very Bad Ping Result

Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:39 am

Hi, everyone is it possible that sometimes Mikrotik very slows down and Connection time out client PPPOE or Hotspot with no reason?

my question is
I have RB1100AH running 6.33.3 OS (stable) PPPOE running with around 12 active users most of time.
sometime user is just disconnected or having very bad connection without any change made.

I configured scratch the setupSet default route, DNS, masquerading, DHCP pool and everything.
connect client, ran a few speed tests, got a feel of available bandwidth...

Add hotspot (IP -> HotSpot -> HotSpot Setup, leave everything as default), add a user through radius, bandwidth limit.connect client 1 by 1 and then suddenly internet and Local connection loads very slow and many time RTO, bandwidth tests run very slow, and the "browsing experience" feels terribly slow. And iit affect almost of connected client (mostly PPPOE)

PPPOE and Hotspot never uses more than 2 to 6% of CPU, and has many free memory (more than 75% free) but everything running very slow AND RTO sometime.

and this is happening mostly in day. for night most of the time everything run normal only RTO for few second but not disconnecting client.

Am I doing something wrong in configuration?
Has anyone having this issue?

and what file do i need to attach for everyone able to check my configuration.

Hope there is someone Help
best Regard
Alunix

TomosRider
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: RB1100AH and 3 Sectoral UBNT Rocket M2 PPPOE + Hotspot Very Bad Ping Result

Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:38 am

Have you configured some additional Firewall rules?
Whats in log?
Try to downgrade to 6.33 or 6.28, this versions works for me just fine, 6.33.3 showed some bugs.
Also, check if your clients have good signal strenghts and CCQ on your APs.

alunix
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:38 am

Have you configured some additional Firewall rules?
Whats in log?
Try to downgrade to 6.33 or 6.28, this versions works for me just fine, 6.33.3 showed some bugs.
Also, check if your clients have good signal strenghts and CCQ on your APs.
Hey TomosRider
i already did what you suggest and i also upgrade to the beta version. and it still disconnected sometimes in the day.
i guess its about connection quality.
btw i use 2.4 ghz in repeater 1 repeater 2.4 km and the other is about 6 km i use nanostaion M2 as repeater.
i guess its the main problem.
so i have to make bandwith shaping appropriate way so all user can get internet well
thanks for the Suggestion

TomosRider
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:04 am

Nanostation is not a good solution on that distance, in my oppinion. Try to change your devices with something more reliable on that distance, like GrooveA 52HPn. Check if Groove can do what you need and go for it.