MUM Europe 2020

hi4ibb
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

problem: authorization login page opening always when user connect to network

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:42 am

hi all,
how i can make login page opening for once time, cause when user disconnect to my network and comeback it have to enter password always , and i don't want that.

anyone can help me ?

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: problem: authorization login page opening always when user connect to network

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:45 am

enable http cookies login in the hotspot's profile.
When given a spoon,
you should not cling to your fork.
The soup will get cold.

hi4ibb
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: problem: authorization login page opening always when user connect to network

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:19 am

enable http cookies login in the hotspot's profile.

i made that friend, but same problem.

well, i mean i want user comback to my network without login page if it is authorization.

is this problem has relation with timeout idle or keepalive timeout

kiaunel
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:32 am

Like as @Zerobyte said... As long the cookie is valid user get no login screen. Tested in my config also. Make sure cookie validity time is set equal to user authorization time.

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:34 am

Yes - if the host's authorization times out,then they're going to get a login screen again.

If you don't have idle timeouts or at the very least, maximum session durations, then you're going to run out of host IP addresses.

You could also enable MAC authentication if you want to have completely transparent logins - but self-service adding those to RADIUS might be tricky.
When given a spoon,
The soup will get cold.

hi4ibb
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:20 pm

Yes - if the host's authorization times out,then they're going to get a login screen again.

If you don't have idle timeouts or at the very least, maximum session durations, then you're going to run out of host IP addresses.

You could also enable MAC authentication if you want to have completely transparent logins - but self-service adding those to RADIUS might be tricky.
well i will explain more, i mean i use user manager , and i want person login in my network once time per day, i mean login and when disconnect and comeback no need to open login page , i want server know that person authorization and when person reach limit of hours or validity, then i want page open automatically agian .

okay friend, could you give me best settings for timeout idle and keepalive for my wireless network

my settings are :
hotspot idle timeout = 00:30:00
hotspot keepalive timeout = none
hotspot login timeout = 00:05:00
user profile idle timeout = 00:05:00
user profile keepalive timout= none
user profile session timeout = none

is it okay settings ?

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:05 pm

I'm not normally a fan of doing things with scripts, but perhaps you would be happiest if you had a script that runs at, say, 4:00am and disconnects all active sessions, and then set the timeouts to zero in the hotspot/user profiles.

As for the timers you posted, the user profile values will override the hotspot profile values, so while the hotspot's idle timeout is 30 minutes, the users' profile will time them out in just 5 minutes, with the values you posted. I don't think that's what you want.
When given a spoon,
The soup will get cold.

hi4ibb
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:30 pm

I'm not normally a fan of doing things with scripts, but perhaps you would be happiest if you had a script that runs at, say, 4:00am and disconnects all active sessions, and then set the timeouts to zero in the hotspot/user profiles.

As for the timers you posted, the user profile values will override the hotspot profile values, so while the hotspot's idle timeout is 30 minutes, the users' profile will time them out in just 5 minutes, with the values you posted. I don't think that's what you want.
thank you friend , you maybe helped me in last point you comment
i have to increase timeout of hotspot and set hotspot keepalive , i think that is mean they will seen long time in ip hosts , that is good for authorization clients . is that right ?

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:51 pm

As long as they stay active in the hosts list, then yes, they're not going to be forced to login again.
When given a spoon,
The soup will get cold.

macotel
just joined

Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:05 pm

Im having a similar problem. My hotspot has multiple login pages 1 for paid wifi 1 for free wifi and 1 for home. The login.html is the home page. The loginfree.html is the free low speed login and the loginpaid.html is the paid wifi. When connected to the wifi network we get directed to the login.html page (home). when I click the link to either paid or free and press the submit button it brings me back to the login.html page (home). When I rename the loginfree or loginpaid html to login.html it works. Any ideas?

osasmike
just joined

I CANNOT LOGIN TO USER MANAGER

Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:51 pm

I try to log into user manager but it says your section been reset due to inactivity. i need help