Community discussions

JPoldoian
just joined
Topic Author

Flush DHCP leases on a power cycle

Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:38 am

I am a newbie using a CCR1009, OS v6.28, and 3.22 firmware and want a simple way to flush leases on a power cycle. The Cisco router I previously used always flushed leases on a power cycle. I'd like to avoid writing a script and prefer adjusting some settings using Winbox or web GUI. Currently, lease time is 3 days because clients don't change often. I don't want to cause any damage from excessive flash writes.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:34 am

You are afraid without any reason. I have not heard about any mikrotik flash broken by dhcp leases. You can maybe shorten the interval to release the leases soon. And you should not restart router normally because there is no reason for that. Consider update.

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Flush DHCP leases on a power cycle

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:40 am

WinBox, IP DHCP server, DHCP config, Store Leases on disk -> Never.

CLI:
>/ip dhcp-server config set store-leases-disk=never
That should do what you are requesting.

bhesterberg

Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:08 am

I did this, set it to not write to disk, rebooted, and it's still holding DHCP leases. What's worse, this site router is supposed to be handing DHCP down to the customer's router, and the customer's router is supposed to be supplying the end users' devices with IP addresses. Somehow, the site router is handing out IP's to the customers' devices. I changed lease time from 1 week to 1 day, set it to not write dhcp to disk, rebooted and the leases are all still there. I attached a pic so you can see. None of my other routers are doing this, v6.38.3 on RB850GX2. Any ideas??
dhcp leases not flushing.JPG
dhcp never write to disk.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

areecki
just joined

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:14 am

Hello
Did you find the solution fo above issue with storing dhcp leases???