Community discussions

MikroTik App

MikroDik69
just joined
Topic Author

How does one setup hAP lite as a wireless client?

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:37 am

I'm using hAP lite - 6.32.4 (current latest bugfix)

I figure this shouldn't be very complicated. All I want is to connect the hAP lite to a wireless network, and provide a connection to its ethernet ports.

In Tomato firmware routers, all I needed to do was set the mode to wireless client, put in the SSID / password and I was done.

I looked through the mikrotik manual / wikis, but the guides are outdated as some steps are no longer applicable. It's telling me to bridge interfaces and wireless doodads etc. Quite a far stretch to do something that should otherwise be very simple.

I spent a good hour working on the hAP lite to connect to the wireless network. I use the quickset tab to set it to CPE mode and tried to connect to the wireless network. I set automatic DHCP/IP retrieval (basically keep everything as auto/default when possible). It just kept connecting and then searching for network and never actually did anything.
- I tried setting the wireless interface to each different station mode.
- I tried manually setting the security profiles.
- I even followed the guides as much as applicably possible, still would not connect and stay connected.

Any help would be appreciated!

kiaunel
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: How does one setup hAP lite as a wireless client?

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:45 am

The wireless mode you need id station-bridge and a bridge with wlan1 and master-interface of lan ports.If the dhcp-client is assigned to wlan interfave and not getting an ip it means your hap is not connected. Check this in wireless -- wlan1 -- status tab. There you should see if it is connected. If not check your security profiles to have the right key. And one more thing. To see what is actually happening activate wireless and dhcp loging in sistem--- loging

Pea
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: How does one setup hAP lite as a wireless client?

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:27 pm

I was solving the same setup. At the end successfully, works for weeks without problem :)
See my solution: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 09#p518647