MUM Europe 2020

Th3G4m3r
just joined
Topic Author

One Bridge with different IP addresses

Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:39 am

Hello!

Scenario:
Until recently I used two different Bridges: 1 bridge_WLAN & 1 bridge_local. The Problem is, that i can't connect from my TV to my NAS, which are in different Bridges.
I tried to put the WLAN & LAN into 1 bridge and hurray, it works!

The "problem" is, that I want to have 2 different address-rooms:
192.168.1.xx -> LAN
192.168.2.xx -> WLAN

How can I solve this issue or are there any other solutions? Is it possible to connect these to bridges?
I hope you can help me :)

itmethod

Re: One Bridge with different IP addresses

Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:54 am

add a VAP Just for the devices that need to connect to the DLNA Server on the nas drive and have that bridged with bridge_local and revert wlan1 back to the other bridge you originally setup .. that way you can have your tv or xbox on the same subnet as your nas unit.

kiaunel
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:28 am

Hello!

Scenario:
Until recently I used two different Bridges: 1 bridge_WLAN & 1 bridge_local. The Problem is, that i can't connect from my TV to my NAS, which are in different Bridges.
I tried to put the WLAN & LAN into 1 bridge and hurray, it works!

The "problem" is, that I want to have 2 different address-rooms:
192.168.1.xx -> LAN
192.168.2.xx -> WLAN

How can I solve this issue or are there any other solutions? Is it possible to connect these to bridges?
I hope you can help me :)
It should work like that, trafic should be routed, post your firewall rules and routes

Th3G4m3r
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Hey,

thanks for the hints, but isn't their a easier and better fitting solution? Isn't it possible to connect to Subnets?
It should work like that, trafic should be routed, post your firewall rules and routes
Yes, for the PC it works perfectly, but for devices like TV its not usable. The device cant connect/identified the NAS in the different subnet.

kiaunel
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:06 pm

I think tv is looking for dlna server only in his subnet so you can not put them in two bridges. As itmethod already said put them in one bridge and other devices in another bridge if this setup suits you.

Th3G4m3r
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:10 pm

Ok, thanks.
I will create a new Virtual Access Point and connect them to the local bridge. ;)