Community discussions

MikroTik App

xadelfakis
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot remove authentication

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:17 pm

Hello all, i am completely newbie on routeros but not on networking in general. I started playing with a router v6.33.3 to take the filling and use it to a specific solution my company tries to build. Anyway, i just set up a basic hotspot with a specific user for login and some rate modification on user profile. I am trying to find a way to kick-out an already authorized device and require from that device to enter once again the username and password. I tried to remove my mobile device from the hotspot-->Hosts but even in that case the authentication stays on. More specific if my mobile device has wifi turned-on the authentication is done again a second after i remove the host. If the mobile device has wifi turned-off, the wifi network will ask me to sign in (as soon as i turn-on the wifi) and by pressing it it gets authorized automatically. and i can see the pop up screen below. Any suggestions?

Screenshot_2016-03-22-17-03-14.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alphahawk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Hotspot remove authentication

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Assuming you probably just did the hotspot setup there 2 spots you should remove it from.

1. Hotspot active
2. Hotspot Cookies

Both spot "can" allow it to reauthenticate without showing splash page. Above and beyond that check out http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:TOC and look at the info for hotspot to customize beyond that.

xadelfakis
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:06 am

Thank for the reply, that did work. I have another question on Hotspot IP Binding. What is the "To Addreess"?

Yes i found in the wiki the

"to-address (IP; Default: "") New IP address of the client, translation occurs on the router (client does not know anything about the translation)"

But i didn't understand that. Why it cant just take the same default ip?

alphahawk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:29 pm

Mikrotik, nomadix, and quite a few other hotspot systems allow you to connect to a network when you have a IP address that is not a valid IP on your network. The to-address is the address the mikrotik assigned to that device temporarily so that it will work.

Thanks