Community discussions

JanDam
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik RB750 Setup/Advice

Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi Guys/Gals

First off: Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread!

I am very new to MikroTek, I have a client with a RB750 Router, there are 2 ways they want it setup as (either, or)

Setup 1:
All users must be limited (capped) and needs to Authenticate before being able to use internet, also the authenticated users' activities must be monitored and able to get reports on a weekly basis via mail!

Setup 2:
Same as above, but without authorization more likely an assigned IP must be capped and monitored and reported on a weekly basis

What I've done:

I have setup hotspot, this gives me the method of authentication BUT I have run into some problems influencing their Local Network (internet stuff works fine though)

What I have seen, If the user logs in on his machine with IP 192.X.X.5 the active users tab on the MikroTik shows a differed secondary IP 192.X.X.8, this causes their accounting program to keep throwing users off but also keeps their users "active" thus they need to restart their server every hour or less.
I know I'm overlooking a small option somewhere with this, If I can sort out the problem first, I can concentrate on the Setup!

Thank you all in advance!

JanDam
just joined
Topic Author

Re: MikroTik RB750 Setup/Advice

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:49 pm

please help :'(

flynno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: MikroTik RB750 Setup/Advice

Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:53 pm