Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

dcmoody
just joined
Topic Author

Basic Wireless Client

Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:13 pm

I need some guidance on how to make my RB Groove 52HPn be a basic wireless client. I already have an existing wireless network, and I have 1 device that I need to wirelessly connect at a semi-remote location. I can access WIFI with my laptop in this location.

I found instructions for setting up a pseudobridge. Well that kind of works, it allows me to ping the AP, but I cannot ping/communicate with the device behind the AP.

From the Groove, I can ping/communicate with my network, I just cannot communicate to the device behind the Groove. I have disabled all the firewall rules to see if that was the issue.

Just looking for a little guidance. Thanks in advance.

-David

TomosRider
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Basic Wireless Client

Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:44 am

Well, give me more info of your setup. As i understand, you need to connect Groove as client to...which AP? Do you use same eqipment or is it mixed vendors? What kind of setup do you need?
Basically, all you need to do with Groove is to set the quick set to station bridge, it should work fine, if we assume you configured settings properly on AP.

kiaunel
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Basic Wireless Client

Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:38 pm

If the ap is not Mikrotik you will not use station bridge becouse it il not work. Station bridge is only for mikrotik ap. You will have to use station mode with your groove setup as a router. No bridging is posible in this situation. To avoid double nat you can use static route on first router if it is aware of routes.