Community discussions

Silverkin
just joined
Topic Author

First to own mikrotik hap lite but i encounter a problem

Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:17 am

Hello guys Good day , i own a mikrotik hap lite , when i turn on the device , it was ok at first , then i was wacthing youtube for tutorial , and i notice that the version they are using is latest and mine is still v6.29 . then i tried to upgrade my device to the latest v6.36rc8 . after upgrading it was ok . successful upgrade , but after i turned off the device leave it for an hour because i went to my friends' place , when i get back turn on the device.. i can't connect , don't see my MAC or IP , i tried to use the winbox still no mac detected. and also at the website. error page , then i check the network it says "Unidentified Network" tried to reset the device , nothing happend. i change the cable still no luck... can anyone help me? it's my first time to use hap lite....

Thanks in advance

flynno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: First to own mikrotik hap lite but i encounter a problem

Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:03 pm

Are you using the HAP as a wireless extender?

Silverkin
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Are you using the HAP as a wireless extender?
i plan to use it as Load balancer because i have two internet connection. then maybe for hotspot.

nxs02
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun May 01, 2016 8:01 am

press the reset button before turn it on, after u press it then turn it on and after 20s release the reset button

Silverkin
just joined
Topic Author

Sun May 01, 2016 8:46 pm

press the reset button before turn it on, after u press it then turn it on and after 20s release the reset button
i tried it , nothing happen. still can't connect to the device, MAC or default IP won't show anymore .

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 02, 2016 6:58 pm

You will need to netinstall probably. Read more about the versions and as you are beginner, don't install anything newer than the bugfix version. 6.32.4 actually...