MikroTik App

kevinds
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

RBFTC11 Update and PoE Issues

Sun May 29, 2016 8:09 am

Howdy,

Just received an order of a handful of these RBFTC11 units, have opened the first one

Couple issues,

a) PoE.. Connecting to my 802.3af/at switch, does not power up. Tried different cables and different ports, including unplugging my desk phone and using that cable. Thought it might be a software setting, but can not access any configuration. Connected using the included PoE injector and power supply, powered up no issue.

b) Bottom of the box has Upgrade Notice, to update RouterOS and RouterBOOT. WinBox does not have it listed in Neighbors, no IP assigned to my workstation by DHCP, static IP of 192.168.88.2/24 can not ping nor connect to 192.168.88.1 port 80. How do I update this thing?

Am I missing something simple?

kevinds
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Re: RBFTC11 Update and PoE Issues

Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:46 am

Alright...

For my PoE issue, it says this on th product page.. "802.3af/at support (with unshielded cross cable)" It means a crossover cable.. Not a cross connect cable.. I should have realized this much sooner but oh well.. When was the last time anybody needed a crossover cable for anything.. Myself, it has been a very long time.. :)

The software upgrade notice, even though it says to "please upgrade this device to the newest RouterOS and RouterBOOT version" this can't be done. There is no accessable interface.
20160601_212634.jpg
The upgrade notice should be ignored, and shouldn't be there in the first place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.