Community discussions

MikroTik App

Freiraum
just joined
Topic Author

Not able to setup equal ports

Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:02 pm

Hey!

I'm really new to RouterOS! I've configured a lot of W-Lan AP but never had so many options!

I'm trying to configure an AP/Switch for a LAN. I'm in event business and want to use some Routerboard 951 for building a control lan for my mixers, controller, iPad,....
I'm really unable to configure the ports and the wlan as equal ports. I don't need Internet connection, firewall,....

Could someone explain me how to do this? Winbox is installed and I'm able to connect ;-)

Thnx a lot!

cdiedrich
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Not able to setup equal ports

Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Hey Freiraum,

what do you mean with "equal ports"?
For getting qualified help, I'd suggest you post the output of /export compact here so we can have a look at your config.

Cheers from another events business guy,
-Chris

nickshore
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Not able to setup equal ports

Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:11 pm

Assuming no config: (you can get to this by going to System - Reset-Configuration and selecting no default config)

Go to interfaces -> ethernet, and set the master port on each of ether2-ether5 to ether1

Go to Bridge
add a bridge

Go to Bridge -> Ports
add ether1 and wlan1 into the bridge

Go to wireless - make a security profile using dynamic keys.

Go to wireless interface, set wlan1 to be ap bridge,, set the frequency, channel width, SSID, and choose the security profile.

If you wish to manage the RB by IP then go to IP - DHCP Client, add a client on the bridge which you created earlier.

Hope that helps
Nick