Community discussions

MikroTik App

DrCows
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

RB951 wont come on

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:05 am

Hello, during a lightning storm the lights were dimming/flashing and now the RB951 wont come on.

I'm going to assume there isn't much I can do, but does anyone have an ideas ? I tried plugging directly in to wall and everything.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB951 wont come on

Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:39 am

If you have access to a volt meter, check the output of the power supply to see if it's producing power. Also, you can try a different power supply - provided you have another one that has the right connector and polarity, and an acceptable voltage.

BlackVS
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: RB951 wont come on

Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:28 am

Hello, during a lightning storm the lights were dimming/flashing and now the RB951 wont come on.

I'm going to assume there isn't much I can do, but does anyone have an ideas ? I tried plugging directly in to wall and everything.
No LEDs are on? In such case first check power supply as written above.
Also you can try PoE for power supply.
Sometimes people restored RB after thunderstorms with help of netinstall ( http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall ) because strong lightning caused broke information in internal routers memory without broke router itself.