Community discussions

MikroTik App

49er
Topic Author

mikrotik switch one port only internet access

Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Hi,

I like a to create a very simple configuration.
Reset the switch (RB260) with no config
Make a bridge and put all 5 Ether ports in the bridge.
Add an IP address to the bridge (for management.

This is working well.
Now I like to configure one port (ether5) so that this port only can communicate to internet and not to the onter ether ports.
Like a isolated port.
How can I do this.

cppprog
just joined

Re: mikrotik switch one port only internet access

Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:53 pm

Hi,

I like a to create a very simple configuration.
Reset the switch (RB260) with no config
Make a bridge and put all 5 Ether ports in the bridge.
Add an IP address to the bridge (for management.

This is working well.
Now I like to configure one port (ether5) so that this port only can communicate to internet and not to the onter ether ports.
Like a isolated port.
How can I do this.

bridge,use ip firewall to yes
simply use in bridge rules

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:00 am

OK, I'm confused. The RB260 is a switch, not a router. There is no bridge command in SwitchOS, so how are you creating a bridge, and then assigning an IP to the bridge? There are no firewall commands either. You may be able to use the ACL to limit access, but I don't see on a quick look that even the ACL can do what you want - although I have never used the ACL function of my RB260, so I could be all wet here.

49er
Topic Author

Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:22 am

The scenario I want is as follow:

I have a router from my ISP (with WiFi on board).
Serveral devices connected (wired and wireless.) Allso connected a RB760 Switch (on ether1)
I want all ports in same in same bridge group but ether1,2 and 3 can communicate to each other and to the ISP router.
Eter 4 and ether5 I only want that they can connect to the internet and not talk to local clients.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:42 pm

Unless I'm completely not understanding what you are trying to do, you are asking a switch to perform routing rules. Wrong device for the job. What you are trying to do would be very easy in a router, but not with a switch.

ekpesinyang
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:59 pm

port 1 is always a free port that you can configure an ip address. please check again.

balomuyiwa
just joined

Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:15 pm

hi everyone my name is muyiwa. i have an issue with my mikrotik router. it router board RB2011U series. i did all the basic configuration so that it can connect to my isp and also people on my local lan will be able to connect to the internet and browse. i noticed my laptop was connected to the internet but i couldnt open any website. i pinged my dns , my gateway and my wan and they are all responding positively but i still cant browse what do guys think ?

ekpesinyang
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Yes where are you pinging from. Inside the router and outside the router. Did you configure your ip firewall nat. On your terminal type /ip firewall nat print. copy the output and send or manually locate your ip firewall and print screen and send it. Thanks
hi everyone my name is muyiwa. i have an issue with my mikrotik router. it router board RB2011U series. i did all the basic configuration so that it can connect to my isp and also people on my local lan will be able to connect to the internet and browse. i noticed my laptop was connected to the internet but i couldnt open any website. i pinged my dns , my gateway and my wan and they are all responding positively but i still cant browse what do guys think ?

balomuyiwa
just joined

Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:24 pm

thanks the problem was my dns . my dns address was wrong but it is has been corrected.
now i have another issue. i succeeded in configuring my hotspot but any time its enabled all my connections become limited or no connectivity. all the systems on my network stop connecting to the internet. what am i doing wrong ?
(2) what is the difference between sntp and ntp and do i need to download ntp when i have sntp ?

ekpesinyang
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:02 pm

Hello Muyiwa...The problem is not the hotspot. Have u login with your ticket and the problem persist ? Whenever you configure hotspot, note that all your system behind the hotspot network needs to login with their username or tickets to be able to access the internet. Please clarify this and we can move on from there. Thanks.
thanks the problem was my dns . my dns address was wrong but it is has been corrected.
now i have another issue. i succeeded in configuring my hotspot but any time its enabled all my connections become limited or no connectivity. all the systems on my network stop connecting to the internet. what am i doing wrong ?
(2) what is the difference between sntp and ntp and do i need to download ntp when i have sntp ?

balomuyiwa
just joined

Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:51 pm

the hotspot is up and running but i noticed some computers are still restricted and they dont open the username and login page. its really confusing now

haik01

Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:59 pm

The RB260 is a "stupid" switch. It cannot "isolate" the ports.

You can do that, unless you start using VLAN's. Then it is possible to "isolate" port 1.

For example: Assign VLAN 200 to port 1, and assign VLAN 300 to other ports. Define the port on the ROUTER where the cable comes from the switch to VLAN 200 and 300, and setup your routing accordingly.

That way logically it looks like you have to cables running to the switch.... (but physically there is only one)

ekpesinyang
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:32 pm

Hello Muyiwa,
sometimes the default home page might be going through https by default. Please make sure to access the login page that you are trying to open a site with http and not https. Also if possible please send me your hotspot configuration. I can see the config from there. Is radius enabled? Are you using the correct IP pool? Check and if the problem still persist pls send me the config.
the hotspot is up and running but i noticed some computers are still restricted and they dont open the username and login page. its really confusing now