Community discussions

Javzz
just joined
Topic Author

Router reboots

Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:54 pm

Hello Mikrotik friends!

I'm new to this piece of hardware and RouterOS and while the brand seems very robust it can be fairly daunting for a first time user. Especially since the majority of tutorial videos i've found seem to be fairly scarce on details.

anyway I recently had a microtik 1100AHX20 router installed in my office. The originally plan was to have it configured for load balancing two separate lines however one of the circuits was determined D.O.A and the ISP is investigating while we are up on one link. Not a problem... however for the past 24 hours the router continuously reboots on its own and I can't figure out why. I've disabled the link two routes, check the equipment healt, checked the cpu usage, installed a ups but can't seem to find the cause of the reboot.

this would be easier i'll admit if it were a cisco or fortinet but here i'm on new grounds.

i've tried to setup a script to email the WAN IP and the logs and have gotten winbox to send a test email but the scripts don't seem to work.

help!

I'm borderline thinking the reboots are caused by the ram or bad equipment...

Edit: more details:
PPPoE-Wan interface
Disabled Watchdog
and just applied the newest firmware.

Any thoughts? The reboots seem at random giving on occasion 2mins or upto several hours

gyropilot

Re: Router reboots

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:21 am

I had similar behavior with a brand new hAP ac lite (RB952) I recently installed. The problem turned out to be a faulty 3rd party voltage regulator in a power adapter I was using.

Try a different / known good power supply with sufficient current output and see if the rebooting disappears.

Best regards,

John
Last edited by gyropilot on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Javzz
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:03 am

actually it seems that since the os update its been stable. uptime has been an hour and 30 minutes without a reboot.

fingers crossed it remains stable.

Javzz
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:25 am

spoke too soon. Just had a powercycle event shortly after.

Still can't get the script i placed in winbox to send me an email with logs and the new public IP thought

Javzz
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:29 am

side question i notice there is a sytem script running that im unsure of what its meant for but it has two reboot counters that i'm curious are the issue

Splash
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:24 pm

side question i notice there is a sytem script running that im unsure of what its meant for but it has two reboot counters that i'm curious are the issue
What is in the script?

Do you find a autosupport.rif file saved in your files directory each time it reboots?
MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCINE, MTCTCE, MTCIPv6E, MTCUME

Javzz
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:02 am

I know ti's late, but it was bad Ram, issue was resolved the next day after replacing it.