Community discussions

MikroTik App

dougy
just joined
Topic Author

IPTV

Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:47 am

I'm switching out my Asus RT-N66U (running Asuswrt-Merlin) for an RB3011. I've found how to set most everything but am baffled by IPTV. In the LAN settings of the Asus there is an IPTV tab where I can set the ISP profile, the VLAN ID, the PRIO and enabling the multicast routing. Any help would be appreciated.

olkitu
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: IPTV

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:58 pm

Try this: https://www.taisto.org/RouterOS_IPTV/en

I maked this manual for Sonera IPTV, working...

dougy
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:16 am

Thanks for the info, unfortunately the linked page asks me to "install multicast-6.24rc4-mipsbe.npk into the RouterOS operating system RouterOS#P.C3.A4ivitt.C3.A4minen following these instructions" which is a Finnish page that doesn't translate. Does that second page just tell me now to install the npk?

jenechka

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:37 pm

I'm switching out my Asus RT-N66U (running Asuswrt-Merlin) for an RB3011. I've found how to set most everything but am baffled by IPTV. In the LAN settings of the Asus there is an IPTV tab where I can set the ISP profile, the VLAN ID, the PRIO and enabling the multicast routing. Any help would be appreciated.
router os 6 not supported iptv

even if you set up according to the instructions, the router creates an excessive load on the network, channel and a processor, as a result of the connection is lost, hope to version 7 this defect, there is the same if you put the IPTV set-top box to the router

mleonidov
just joined

Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:38 pm

http://www.technotrade.com.ua/Articles/ ... krotik.php
Hap AC excellent work with IPTV and not freeze internet even Wi-Fi

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:19 pm

even if you set up according to the instructions, the router creates an excessive load on the network, channel and a processor, as a result of the connection is lost, hope to version 7 this defect, there is the same if you put the IPTV set-top box to the router
Routing power does not come for free. Get a more powerful one and it will work. Just don't expect miracles from a sub-$50 device. And probably v7 will not solve anything for the same hardware.

jenechka

Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:42 am

Routing power does not come for free. Get a more powerful one and it will work. Just don't expect miracles from a sub-$50 device. And probably v7 will not solve anything for the same hardware.
Sales there are many routers to $ 30, which perfectly IPTV broadcast, so the price does not mean a great performance, I am able to spend $ 500, and if the device is fully fulfill my requirements, please visit the forum carefully, in version 7 will be a complete IPTV support

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:52 am

... in version 7 will be a complete IPTV support
We have to see v7 first. For the moment it is a kind of unicorn, probably available in the next decade.
Until then, the only option to discipline IPTV on a MT is CPU based, so the low end models don't cut it (I was referring to MT low cost routers only in the prev. post).

olkitu
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:22 am

Thanks for the info, unfortunately the linked page asks me to "install multicast-6.24rc4-mipsbe.npk into the RouterOS operating system RouterOS#P.C3.A4ivitt.C3.A4minen following these instructions" which is a Finnish page that doesn't translate. Does that second page just tell me now to install the npk?
Oh, seems not translated... So just download package from http://www.mikrotik.com/download (Included in Extra packages). So download Extra package and extract that. You get multicast package, so drag and drop to winbox or use SSH. Put that to /root on Mikrotik and then reboot. Package will installed and now you see IGMP proxy under /routing

On my network IPTV working well with Mikrotik ARM and HAP AC wireless ok. IPTV need 5-10Mbps (10Mbps if HD).