Community discussions

MikroTik App

Derell
just joined
Topic Author

Open port (GAMERANGER)

Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:07 pm

so lets make this thing clear out bbecause the first one wasn't clear enough so make a new one
so I just started download game ranger2 days ago and I tried to host a game or join a game but it say
so I clicked learn more
so as you guys can see it say to try to active upnp
so I active it but sadly didn't gave me any "luck"
so I tried the alternative solution (it been like a 2 month ago I seach for port forwading none of them work though0
so tried open port by my self this is conf
still no luck but there is some change
and then someone told me to add filter rule then I add it
still no luck
after that I noticed something the stat going up a bit every time I tried to connect
fromImage
to
so I hope from 160 people and more in the future want to help me not just wacth but didn't gave a solution :)
also when I attempt to connect
Q&N
is ether4 is your wan thingy or ur LAN cable
yes
is 198.168.158.254 is ur Ip4
yes

thanks you guys plz help me k
Last edited by Derell on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revelation

Re: Open port (GAMERANGER)

Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Can you confirm the IP of your PC that is trying to connect via GameRanger?
Are we to assume 192.168.158.254 is the IP of your PC?
What is the network address space that this device lives in?
Based on the config, ether4 is your WAN interface?

Derell
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:04 pm

@Revelation

yes my wan is ether 4
and yes 192.168.158.254 is my pc ip4
oh yea I found a tut how to do it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMzrzAIfNoc
I tried every addres but it aren't workin
the network addres is 192.168.168.1

Derell
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:09 pm

and btw how can I send a pm in mikrotik forum?

Revelation

Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:26 pm

For simplicity sake lets say your WAN IP is 1.1.1.1 .

For the WAN IP is that a public IP or a private IP assigned by an ISP modem? For instance, some ISPs have a modem that does DHCP on the customer side, usually 192.168.1.0/24 or something like that.

Have you ran any packet captures or enabled logs to see if the traffic is actually making it to your router? Have you also checked the logs to ensure that the translation is working as expected and passing the info onto the correct address? Unfortunately your first post wasn't clear enough to me as to what "luck" you have had so far. What are the exact messages you are getting from GameRanger?

GameRanger should have some IP, can your PC ping it?

Another thing you can try is enabling "related connections" in your filter to see if it is creating multiple udp streams. Have you also verified that GameRanger doesn't need any other ports open?

Derell
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:01 am

Its my WAN private
And When i attempt to Connect To a server the logs Moved up about 1000 bytes but after that it say firewall problem
Also gameranger doesnt have their own server game so ITS Peer and peer
And yes ITS say need 16000 Udp
Oh yes btw id you want to u cAn help ke via TeamViewer u cAn choose the Time
Ir you agree put Your Mail top i Will Mail my id And password thanks btw for helping this far

Revelation

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:25 pm

I don't see anything wrong with your config off-hand. Since you noted that you were seeing the dst-nat increment that lets me know that that part is configured correctly. We need to look at your PC and ensure that it is responding to the packets and Windows Firewall is not blocking anything. After that you will need to look at the return traffic to ensure that it is going back out the way it should without being dropped.

janus20
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi,

Just a guess. On first rule, chain "forward", would not be corect if you specify the interface ?

kind regards,

Revelation

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:52 pm

Hi,

Just a guess. On first rule, chain "forward", would not be corect if you specify the interface ?

kind regards,
Not really. The way Mikrotik views things, my understanding, is if the packet is destined for the router itself is chain = input; whereas a packet destined for something beyond the router is a chain = forward. The OP can "play around" with the chain setting to see if it has the desired effect.

Derell
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:57 am

But i Didit understand how to do it though or maybe cAn you help me via TV If you have time. If you aggre plz Replay And say yes And with ur Mail thanks investasi again

Netstumble

Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:54 am

Its my WAN private
And When i attempt to Connect To a server the logs Moved up about 1000 bytes but after that it say firewall problem
Also gameranger doesnt have their own server game so ITS Peer and peer
And yes ITS say need 16000 Udp
Oh yes btw id you want to u cAn help ke via TeamViewer u cAn choose the Time
Ir you agree put Your Mail top i Will Mail my id And password thanks btw for helping this far
If the WAN side of Mikrotik (or any router on a similar scenario really) has a private IP upnp ain't gonna work for gaming.
You are double-natting, upnp can't cross the double NAT because it has no way to create rules on the second router.
It would be nice to get rid of the provider's cpe or at least stop it from natting/routing and use it as a modem.

For home/residential connections (assuming that the ISP uses pppoe to establish a connection and doesn't do CGNAT) usually you have the following options:

1. You keep the isp router natting if you have to, but you manually create port forward rules from the cpe to mikrotik,
and then similar rules from the mikrotik to the host behind it.
Not elegant, It sort of works but can be a pain to maintain.

2. You put the isp router on bridge/half-bridge mode (if supported/possible) so it operates as a modem,
create a pppoe session on mikrotik WAN thus obtaining the public IP on WAN.
This way upnp can create the forwarding rules for gaming automatically.
This works ok.

3. If the ISP supports 2 or more pppoe sessions and the cpe supports pppoe-passthrough,
you enable passthrough and again create a pppoe connection on Mikrotik's WAN thus obtaining a public/routable IP on WAN.
Again upnp can create the port forwards the host app needs.
This works ok too, but you might see a small speed penalty.

4. Alternatively (but rarely in residential connections) if the ISP provides a block of public IPs,
you could provide a second public IP on mikrotik and/or the host behind it and forget all the NATting.
This is close to ideal, but rarely the ISP provides a block of public IPs on residential connections.

5. Or, if the ISP and the game supports ipv6 you could enable/setup ipv6 and again forget about NATting altogether.
This could be ideal in an ideal world.
In reality most apps (and ISPs) still have issues with ipv6.

Derell
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:13 pm

But how bout i dont want to use upnp and Just Open the port cause ur solusition kinda confusing and the one who set up My internet was My thecnitian But when i try to contact him. He Just read it and didnt give a fk so yeah maybe i should call him later on

Derell
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:29 pm

Lets Just gong to the point maybe Someone of. You guys Can Just teambiewer me cause it so confusing

Revelation

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:43 pm

I won't be able to personally check out your device until sometime this weekend.

There are a lot of steps that you haven't taken or simply haven't annotated on here that can help identify the issue - most of those steps have been mentioned in previous posts.

Derell
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:29 pm

I have been disabled every windows firewall but I didn't know how to see the packets if it going back without getting droped

Revelation

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 pm

You can use Wireshark to see what packets are coming and going from your PC. You can also use netstat to see what communication is happening. I recommend wireshark as it will give you a ton of information about this communication.
Last edited by Revelation on Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nichky
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:31 am

Can i ask you? why do you need rul on MikroTik abouth that? You can be host without aby ruls, im using the same program.