I've installed routerOS as a virtual router in a vmware workstation.
My LAN - 192.168.1.0/24
My WAN - 192.168.2.0/29 (only wanted 6 hosts in there)
1) assign IP addresses 192.168.1.254 on the LAN
2) assign IP addresses 192.168.2.1 one the WAN
3) set IP router dstn 0.0.0.0/0 gateway 192.168.2.2 (modem)
4) set DNS 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 and 192.168.1.254 (in case any local routing)
5) NAT set masquerade on 192.168.2.0/29
Testing for connection:
Terminal - ping 220.127.116.11 OK
Terminal - ping 192.168.2.2 OK
Terminal - ping 192.168.1.253 OK
When I set any host in the network to have a gateway of 192.168.1.254 it can ping 18.104.22.168 but cannot surf the web or server any pages.
Anyone have recommendations?
Did I miss a step (like bridging the connections?)