Community discussions

MikroTik App

profinfoed
just joined
Topic Author

I can't access my DRV by the external link

Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:11 pm

The access rules for the DVR device via the external link using dst-nat have stopped working on port 6000. If I change the port in the dst-nat rule to 5000 I can access the DVR login screen but after typing username and password it appears the message: "device is not found". I do not have any rule blocking this door, what can be happening?
thank you.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: I can't access my DRV by the external link

Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:31 am

First step is to connect to the DVR from inside your firewall in order to rule out some other issue. I had a similar issue with Windows updates breaking access to my DVR. Problem had nothing to do with the firewall. Took some very specific changes in security settings for Active X in Internet Explorer in order to make it work. Once I had that part working, then I was quickly able to make it work through the firewall.

profinfoed
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi Jim
My problem occurs with external access, I tried some changes in activex without success... Internally the local machines works normally... the funny thing is that the access stopped working without any explanation.

dmjita
just joined

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:30 pm

Have similar problem with my 750gl, suddenly port forwording stopped working, no explanation (maybe a update :) ) tried everything, now i opened a post here. hope someone can help me too.

janus20
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:37 am

Hi,

a. have you done any update on DVR firmware or microtik ROS ?
b. have you tried to connect externaly using other pc/laptop ?
c. have you checked if your 6000 port is open from outside ?

P.S. I am just curious about error you have received after filled in username/password ( on changed dst-nat port 5000) . It looks like not to be a mikrotik issue since you have landed on DVR login webpage, meaning port forwarding is working; could you post a print-screen ( what DVR model is ) ?

kind regards,