Community discussions

MikroTik App

Grocher
just joined
Topic Author

New to Mikrotik and firewalls

Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:42 pm

Good evening everyone,

so i went out this morning and bought myself a Mikrotik hEX lite with the hopes of a easy setup at home so i can test it out before installing it in an actual work environment , after being a successful google warrior for a few years i thought id be able to pickup something, but i feel completely lost after having familiarized myself with the interface and being able to somewhat get to what i was aiming for.

I have a network with 2 servers, 6 clients. it needs secure vpn access to 1 of the servers, and some complex content filtering for the clients. i have used the web proxy but im having some more issues with that as the configuration options seem foreign to me.

any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Gerard Rocher

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: New to Mikrotik and firewalls

Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:25 am

Try to use the quick setup menu. Dont think its possible to use anny vendors "advanced" features, after using product for 2 days, unless you are a general expert in the stuff. You need to try, fail and teach about mikrotik. Its quite basic, but maybe a bit more basic basic than a lot of new web smart devices - who have a lot of things in auto (and less features)