Community discussions

AslanAamarok
just joined
Topic Author

German T-Online with Entertain 2 and VoIP

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:33 pm

Hi community,
I am using RB3011-UIAS-RM with ROS 6.38.5
furthermore i am using a Zyxel Speedlink 5501 configured as Vdsl Modem, a AVM FritzBOX 7490 configured as small Voip PBX and WLan access point serving my DECT Phones and mobile devices and a set-top-box for Entertain 2 (IPtv)

I am quite experienced in configuring Routers like Bintec/Elmeg/Funkwerk or lancon but my MIKROTIK RB kicked my brains struggling with German T-Online as ISP with Entertain 2 for (IP-TV) and also T-Online and SIPgate for VoIP. Finally i got everything running quite well.
If you are interested in my solutions, just give me a feedback here and I will Publish and explain the solutions here.

Aslan

ladiko
just joined

Re: German T-Online with Entertain 2 and VoIP

Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:55 am

So you set the Speedlink to modem mode behind the Fritzbox LAN1 port or behind the RB's WAN port as described here or here. The VLAN Tagging for Entertain might be the only fun part, but only in case the RB is connected to the modem and the Speedlink doesnt pass through the VLAN tags.

Then you entered the Sipgate Voip settings in your AVM Fritzbox web interface as describe in detail here. Sounds like a halfway standard German home / SOHO setup except for the RB which would be a little oversized.

The Fritzbox does VoIP, DECT and Wifi. The Speedlink is cut back to modem mode. No word about the RB's purpose in this scenario.

AslanAamarok
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi ladiko,

you are right, the devices i am using are pretty much of what you call "standard german soho" except the RB.
Don't ask me for the sense of what i am doing since the FritzBOX is as well as the Speedlink able To work as ISP gateway, IGMP proxy for IPtv, VoiP gateway and WLan .

Well the funny Part for me was that the RBs configuration and behaviour was new to me. Most situation are well documented and discussed here but non really deals with the specifics of the german telekom. The Bintec/Elmeg RS353 i used befor had wizards for the setup and it wasn't really clear what configuration setups in detail where changed by the wizards. So on my RB i had to walk though everything step by step.

I posted here to share and exchange knowledge in that case.

Joachimgr
just joined

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Hi,

I just try to configure a routerboard for Entertain 2. It will,be very helpfull, if you post your configuration.

Regards

Joachim

stitch3210
just joined

Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:42 pm

I am using RB3011-UIAS-RM with ROS 6.38.5
furthermore i am using a Zyxel Speedlink 5501 configured as Vdsl Modem, a AVM FritzBOX 7490 configured as small Voip PBX and WLan access point serving my DECT Phones and mobile devices and a set-top-box for Entertain 2 (IPtv)
I'm presently PULLING MY HAIR OUT over this topic.
I have:
- speedport 921W
- FritzBox 7940 (or 7490? It's out of reach atm)
- Mikrotik Hex S
- plain old entertain (NOT the new stuff)

Right now, Speedport is sitting there as a pure DLS modem, Mikrotik is doing PPPoE, FritzBox is only providing VoIP for now, as the Speedport apparently can't do this when in modem mode.
Everything works nicely, except for IPTV (entertain).

I can switch to any channel and then the video freezes after ~5s.

As many others, I experimented with IGMP proxy, but it just sits there and doesn't care about IGMP traffic. I assume, it's because the IGMP packets are v3? (The manual states, that it only supports IGMPv2, but who knows, whether the manual is up-to-date).
So dismissed that and played around with PIM instead - I don't fully understand how it works, but since you can check or uncheck the "pim" box there, I assume, it can simply deal with IGMPv3 packets...somehow.

I've been monitoring IGMP packets through firewall rules with accept+log and I can see incoming membership queries from pppoe and outgoing membership reports (EXCLUDE 224.0.0.2) from Mikrotik out through the LAN-bridge.

I've yet to see any IGMP packets coming from the media receiver. Shouldn't there be something? And what?
So it looks like there is no "hey, I'm still here, keep talking" message and the multicast shuts down.

Therefore: yes, yes, yes, please!!! Tell me what magic you did. I've been through a lot of reading the last days and most threads start with a similar problem and just stop abruptly without a solution.
...or anyone else, who got the situation nailed.

torkue
just joined

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi,

I would appreciate it, if you could share your configuration for the Entertain 2 IPTV part.
I'm currently considering Entertain 2, when upgrading to a FTTH line by Deutsche Telekom in the next couple of month, if it could be implemented in my currenty Mikrotik based network.

torkue
just joined

Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:42 pm

In mid November I will switch over to my new fiber line including Entertain2.
If there is a working solution for Entertain2 i would appreaciate it, if you can share it with us, otherwise I have to try it by myself to get it working.

torkue
just joined

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:38 pm

For those who are still interessted.
I've tried around the classic way with igmpproxy and it still seems to be working with the current Eternatin v2 / MangentaTV service plans.

Unlike some of the tutorials /suggestions I've found around the internet, I'm not sure if the subnet 193.158.0.0/15 is realy needed as upstream. I can only find ips in the classic multicast range 244.x.x.x range and some helper streams for faster channel switching 87.141.x.x (maybe also unneccesary in igmpproxa, as this should be unicast tarffic) in the channel streams lists around the internet for Deutsche Telekom iptv.

Sometimes I seen some strange behavior, sometimes the media reciever just wake up from sleep, even if no recording was programmed.
Don't know if its broken, or just caching some strange traffic or wakeup singal.

Rarely when igmp snooping is enabled on my CRS3xx switches, the streams on the media reciever seems to be lagging after switching from the unicast udp helper stream to the final multicast stream in some rare cases, waiting a some seconds or switching channels seems to solve this. When connecting my media reciever directly to an direct unbridged interface with it's own subnet on my mikrotik router, I've not seen that problem.

For CRS1xx/2xx switches I've found a working solution / configuration example how to setup igmp snooping in a vlan enviroment, so when I've a pc with vlc player or connecting the media reciever to my CRS125 the multicast traffic will be flooded as expected to all devices within the same vlan.

Configuration example of what I've added to my configuration:
/ip firewall
add action=accept chain=input comment=\
    "accept incoming IPTV multicast streams for igmpproxy" \
    dst-address=224.0.0.0/4 in-interface=<pppoe-wan> protocol=udp
	add action=accept chain=input comment="accept igmp queries" \
    dst-address=224.0.0.0/4 protocol=igmp
	add action=accept chain=forward comment="accept multicast iptv forwarding" \
    dst-address=224.0.0.0/4 in-interface=<pppoe-wan> protocol=udp

/routing igmp-proxy
	set quick-leave=yes
/routing igmp-proxy interface
	add alternative-subnets=87.141.0.0/16,224.0.0.0/4,193.158.0.0/15 interface=\
    GPON upstream=yes
	add alternative-subnets=<insert-own-LANsubnet#1/24> interface=<vlanXX>
	add alternative-subnets=<insert-own-LANsubnet#2/24> interface=<vlanXX>
If someone have any suggestions to the configuration or has a working igmp snooping example for CRS1xx series switches, feedback is welcome :)