Community discussions

KR1985
just joined
Topic Author

Request help on the issue "Uploaded rsc file shows as successfully uploaded but file size is zero"

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:57 pm

Dear experts,

I am trying to setup my mikrotik hap lite router using scripts. I have two scripts
a. on-boot.rsc 1KB
b. newsetup1.rsc 2KB

The file newsetup1.rsc always ends up uploading successfully but is of 0 bytes size. Please help. I am struggling for a week now.

1. Near the operating system information the router box says it has been tested successfully for Router OS V6.29 & above
2. Using Winbox v 3.11
3. I tried using the upload button on the winbox utility and drag & drop. Both not working
4. Googled the and somewhere it said, this might happen due to firewall or anti virus. Disabled my symantec virus protection. No success still :(

Appreciate all the time and support. Please help.

Thanks and Regards
KR

JacobS
just joined

Re: Request help on the issue "Uploaded rsc file shows as successfully uploaded but file size is zero"

Wed May 17, 2017 2:32 pm

I have the same issue (v.6.35.4)

SiB
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Request help on the issue "Uploaded rsc file shows as successfully uploaded but file size is zero"

Wed May 17, 2017 3:15 pm

/export file=aa
that generate file with 33KB size from my config.
I can drag&drop to my pc (windows) from winbox.
Delete file on WinBox > Files
Move from Win to WinBox by drag&drop.

You are connected via WinBox by IP or MAC (MAC connection is not stable, many times).

You can use FTP and with auto run your script if a file will be your-name.auto.rsc and it will be send by FTP.
PS. Disable AV protection is not changing the filtering package via AV engine - it's only when AV scan process is unregister from NIC/NDIS and common hide Plug&Play driver and PC will be rebooted. It's possibility that AV is blocking it (Firewall module).
MTCNA + MTCRE + MTCINE | ~600 users at ~150 RouterBoards in EMEA | Telegram: @SiB_PL | WebChat: Tokonda
WinBox Tip: F6 works as ALT+TAB | Gliffy.com - free network schematic | prnt.sc - free ScreenShot software