Community discussions

silvasis
just joined
Topic Author

configuring wap ac

Mon May 22, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi there

I have an Mikrotik RB201iL as principal router and 4 Mikrotik WAP AC 2.4&5GHz wired connected to the main router. The idea is to use that 4 Mikrotik WAP AC as an extension for wireless internet access and I need to have one SSID for connection (a single SSID to be visible to the wireless network). Each wireless device which is connected to the network must see one SSID with the same security profile for all the AP. Please can anybody help me how to do this? What I have tried I see the same SSID four times.
Kind regards,

fernaandogarcia
just joined

Re: configuring wap ac

Mon May 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Set other 4 RouterBoards with wireless mode "wds slave" with the same SSID and Security Profile from Main RouterBoard.

silvasis
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 22, 2017 6:32 pm

That's all? I've tried something with CAPsMAN but with no succed.

Steveocee
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 23, 2017 9:03 am

First of all make sure they are all on the latest bug fix firmware.

It's not just a case of setting as a wds slave, that couldn't be any more wrong.

You need to put the ap's into caps man mode.

Set up your caps man profiles and provisioning. What problem are you getting exactly? Are the aps provisioning not how you want or are they not provisioning at all?

I've recently done this and there are some good guides on the web but I'm on my iPad so don't have access to the history where they were.
Steve "Steveocee" Carter
PC Gamer, Airsofter, MikroTik Nerd
My Website - My MikroTik Tutorials

silvasis
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 23, 2017 8:31 pm

I've tried with CAPsMAN enable but it doesn't seems to work. I've tried some tutorials from the web.