Community discussions

MikroTik App

ne30n2
Topic Author

Simple Queue and PCQ Please explain

Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:45 am

I have read through mikrotik wiki and doesn't have full understand how simple queue and pcq works. Mayb that 's because my bad english and not native.

I am currently limiting download and upload speed of Hotspot user by specfying limit in Hotspot profile rate limit. I can see that this limit show in simple queue list. If I have 100 active users which all of these users also show in simple queue speed limit, does this mean that mikrotik process queue from 1st till 100th queue befor it reach destination?

I am currently have 450MB bandwidth from my ISP. In PCQ, in case I specify max. limit at 200MB, does this will mean that the rest of the bandwidth of 250MB will not be used at all?

Another question about PCQ is PCQ divide bandwidth between each user based on IP addressed leased or from connecting activity? Mayb my question is still unclear, lets take an example. For example, my max limit is at 200MB (no rate limit) and there is 100 IPs leased by DHCP server and authorized Hotspot user (active Hotspot user of 50 users). At that time, only 20 user currently using the internet (30 of 50 user are not using internet at that moment although login the hotspot). So is the 200mb bandwidth distributed by dividing by 100 or 50 or 20?

Thank you for your answer in advance.
Last edited by ne30n2 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ne30n2
Topic Author

Re: Simple Queue and PCQ explain

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:30 am

Anyone?

anoldboy
just joined

Re: Simple Queue and PCQ Please explain

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:40 pm

I have also the same wonders about how queues works. I have started reading some theory for this issue from http://linux-ip.net/articles/Traffic-Co ... index.html. I think its a good reference for starting. If I find something more useful I will post it again here.