Community discussions

MikroTik App

mltobing
just joined
Topic Author

Is it possible make queue tree under simple queue

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:14 pm

Hello, I want to know if is it possible to make queue tree under simple queue ?

My problem like this, I have hotspot with rate limit 2M/2M. When user downloading, all bandwidth allocated for this download.
If he/she browsing at the same time page loaded very slow and sometimes not loaded correctly.

So I want after he/she logged in, routeros generating one simple queue <hotspot-user1> then under <hotspot-user1> placing queue tree to prioritize traffic

If possible please give me any reference or sample..

Thank you,
Sorry for my English

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Is it possible make queue tree under simple queue

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:44 pm

Yes, you can do that. You have to create Simple Queue for user IP, mark traffic on Firewall Mangle based on its type and then under Simple Queue create child queues and specify packet-marks and priorities:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Q ... ple_Queues
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... all/Mangle

mltobing
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:54 pm

Thank you very much strods, I got this working on different way but still according to your reference about mangle.
I have set Incoming/Outgoing packet mark on user hotspot profile and then after user logged in, 2 dynamic mangle created.
So I give priority for the traffic. Because these dynamic mangle created on the last position, I make simple script to moving them to right position on
user hotspot profile "On Login script".

Tested and success

angboontiong
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:21 am

Thank you very much strods, I got this working on different way but still according to your reference about mangle.
I have set Incoming/Outgoing packet mark on user hotspot profile and then after user logged in, 2 dynamic mangle created.
So I give priority for the traffic. Because these dynamic mangle created on the last position, I make simple script to moving them to right position on
user hotspot profile "On Login script".

Tested and success

Hi,
can u share with me on the settings ?

punkaker
just joined

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Hi!

If you could share an export of queues and mangle, it will be very useful for the Community! We are facing the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

ivicask

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Why not create new PCQ queue with desired limits, but add a bit above burst limits, set this queue to hotspot interface, it should smoothen out browsing while downloading.