Community discussions

khialb32
Topic Author

one hotspot user gives access to all other devices

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:49 pm

hi guys ........i am testing the x86 on a motherboard with 2 Ethernet interfaces ......i used Ethernet 1 as a DHCP client and i bridged all the rest Ethernet ports ( with are just the Ethernet 2 ) and i installed an hotspot server an bridge interface and connected to an ALFA access point long range to distribute the wifi ...the problem that when ever some one connects to the acces point he dont get redirected to the login page ..and if he goes manually to it and enter his username and password ..any one on the wifi get acees to the internet .... please guys tell me how can i force every one to use his password and username to get internet access from that access point ? these are the pics

Shadeofspirit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: one hotspot user gives access to all other devices  [SOLVED]

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:09 pm

[quote="khialb32"][/quote]
i think that the problem in the mode of your AP. it works like a router (wifi clients get ip and other settings from it, not mikrotik).
Put it in ap mode (i don't know haw it is called in this particular AP)
MTCNA, MTCWE

ebreyit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: one hotspot user gives access to all other devices

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:49 pm

ShadeOfSpirit sounds spot on to me. If the Alfa is acting as a router with NAT enabled then the Hotspot is only seeing the mac address of the Alfa device and allows Internet access to all traffic coming from that mac. I use this trick myself when away from home using one of the smaller RouterBoard devices to give access to multiple devices from a single hotspot login.

If you cant change the mode of the Alfa device, make sure you disable DHCP on it and plug the ethernet port 2 into one of the switched ports on the back of the Alfa device and not it's wan port.That usually does the trick when I'm in a pinch and have to use random router as a temp Access Point