Community discussions

MikroTik App

wpedersen
just joined
Topic Author

Suggestion for Linking?

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:04 am

Hello,

I am installing my first Mikrotik router. I am having issues with establishing a "link" on both sides of the connection.

I have a CRS106-1C-5S. I intend to use it as a switch only, no routing. I am trying to link it via fiber to a Netgear M4300-52G using the S-85DLC05D Dual LC Fiber SPF module. The Netgear has an AMX761 module. While the Netgear is SFP+ and supports 10Gb, they are both the same wavelength (850nm, multi-mode). I am expecting a 1Gbps link.

Simply plugging in the fiber does not yield link lights and RouterOS reports "No Link".
I can physically see the light from both side of the fiber.
If I plug in Netgear to Netgear (AMX761 to AMX761) Link lights are established and I can pass traffic (so infrastructure is OK).
I have multiple transceivers for the CRS106 and I have tried multiple combinations.
The copper connections (SPF S-RJ01) link up at 100Mbps (albeit not the expected 1Gbps).

I referenced documentation on https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/MikroTik ... D_hardware

If I change the port to auto-negotiation disabled, port speed 1G, Full Duplex, the link light will appear on the CRS and report transmission activity. The Netgear will not establish link light or pass traffic.

What have I missed as to not get something as basic as a link light?

Thank you for the help and direction - I am truly at a loss at the moment.

Wayne

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Suggestion for Linking?

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:13 am

If I change the port to auto-negotiation disabled, port speed 1G, Full Duplex, the link light will appear on the CRS and report transmission activity. The Netgear will not establish link light or pass traffic.
Then you need to force 1G also at Netgear's end, did you try that?

wpedersen
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Suggestion for Linking?

Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Then you need to force 1G also at Netgear's end, did you try that?

I did - and I verified last night the settings. Sadly, still no physical link.