Just got me a Mikrotik RB3011 and having a hard time configurate it.
I'm trying to get VLAN 101 (Internet) and VLAN 102 (IPTV) on eth1 (tagged/trunked) and then take them out on other ethernet ports.
Have done this once earlier before I bought the RB3011 just to see if it worked and it did, but the RB3011 is just to advanced for me so need some help
Would appreciate if someone could write a "step-list" that I could follow.
My considerations/thoughts of what needs to be done, maybe..:
1. Remove default bridge? It says "S" and read that this is for "S"lave and that 9 ports are bridged from default config?
2. Maybe need to set MAC-address from my ISP modem to the SFP/eth1 port?
3. VLAN tagged 101 and 102 SFP (or just for test now eth1).
4 VLAN untagged 101 to a couple of eth ports and VLAN untagged 102 to a couple of eth ports.
5. DCHP Client, what to do here? I would like to be able to put static private addresses to my own machines/tabs/phones in the house, new/guests can have DHCP.
6. DNS do allow remote requests dns = yes?
7. Firewall, enough with default Mikrotik configuration.
8. NAT? (Know what it means but not the meaning of it)
Many questions, best regards!