Community discussions

MikroTik App

darkoknght
just joined
Topic Author

how to monitor data plan in NS

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:12 am

hello..
is there any way to monitor the data plan in my nano station ?
i have 24 nano stations in 8 different places and i want to monitor how much GB each of them is using per day .

Caci99
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: how to monitor data plan in NS

Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:01 pm

I don't know much about ubiquity devices but on mikrotik side you can activate the graphing tool built in the Router OS. Though with every reboot you will lose the graphing.
If you don't want to lose the graphing data you can use dude to monitor it or NTOP. NTOP would need to activate traffic flow on the mikrotik router.

darkoknght
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:41 pm

okay the graphing tool does monitor data and kinda everything but only inside the router what goes in and what goes out.
but it doesn't tell what and how much data went to let's say to nano station #1 or how much nano station #2 has uploaded .
that what i want to monitor .

darkoknght
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:41 pm

so i guess its not possible to monitor the data plan in NS ?

Caci99
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:39 pm

okay the graphing tool does monitor data and kinda everything but only inside the router what goes in and what goes out.
but it doesn't tell what and how much data went to let's say to nano station #1 or how much nano station #2 has uploaded .
that what i want to monitor .
To acquire data from NanoStation you need to rely on Dude for example, or NTOP by activating SNMP and traffic flow option. I guess Nanostation should have this options available.