I am really newbie, first time using mikrotik router OS..could you please help me with network setting?
I have a modem from internet provider -> next is RB2011il-IN (ethernet router without wifi) -> from RB2011il-IN going LAN cables to other rooms in my house and 2xLAN cables to two wifi AP (cAP lite AP/Hotspot) - 1st one placed in hall in the 1st floor and 2nd one in hall in the 2nd floor. My idea is that 1st one AP will be set up through web config - QuickSet mode as "Home AP" and second one AP as "PTP Bridge"...so I would like to have one wifi network with wifi roaming.
Problem which I have is that all three mikrotik hardware's (router and both AP's) have IP address 192.168.88.1...so I do not know how I can change default setting of both AP's and what I have to modify in ethernet router setting.
By default setting (without any change) LAN connection is working properly but I have two separate wifi and both of them are not stable (connection speed is very low or losing internet connection).
Thank you in advance for any advice.
Here are some points, that maybe useful for you.
1. First of all, get WinBox application from https://download2.mikrotik.com/routeros ... winbox.exe
2. Connect you cAP lite directly to your computer by LAN cable.
3. Run WinBox and click on "Neighbors" card.
4. At least 1 device should appear on the list. Click on the desired deivce and, make sure that the login and pass are correctly filled in (defaults is admin and no password) and click "Connect".
5. As your cAP Lite device will worl only as AP, you may reset all default config by: System > Reset Configuration > check CAPS Mode and confirm by clicking "Reset Configuration"
6. Do the same with your other cAP lite device.
7. Direct connect to your RB2011 and configure your CAP Manager. All information you canfind here https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CAPsMAN
. There are also some videos available on youtube https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ovisioning
Why CAP Manager? Because it allows you to control all clients connected to different APs from one place (in your case it will be RB2011).