Community discussions

ehbowen
Topic Author

Problems Accessing Server From Within LAN

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:31 pm

I've finally got my port forwarding configured to where I can access the relevant ports on my server from outside the network. When I enter the website address or management port from WAN it goes where it's supposed to. Good.

But (there's always a 'but'!)...when I enter these addresses from INSIDE the LAN, they do not resolve. The management interface gets a "could not connect to the server" and the website address goes to Webfig. I can connect to them using the LAN IP address, but that's a big hassle. Especially for the email server on devices like my laptop or smartphone which may be connecting to it from inside or outside the LAN at various times. Also, I'm wanting to build a new website using a subdomain of the existing website and it's difficult to set up access using a local IP address.

It's probably a very simple firewall setting, but I don't know what to check. Assistance, anyone?
Image There are very few problems which cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives....

matiaszon

Re: Problems Accessing Server From Within LAN

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:53 pm

ehbowen
Topic Author

Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:46 pm

Thank you, that solved the issue.
Image There are very few problems which cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives....

matiaszon

Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:22 pm

Happy to see you sorted it out.