Community discussions

MikroTik App

mansoor88
just joined
Topic Author

mac address problem in repeater

Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi,

I want to access my AP through router by (repeater mode).
I am new at networking and my english is weak kindly help me
1) Internet modem: 192.168.1.1
2) Router board: RB750gr2
3) TP_link Router (AP): 192.168.90.1
4) TP_link Router as (Repeater) with AP.......... DHCP is disabled.

my (internet) public IP is: 192.168.1.1
in ethernet1_WAN in RB750gr2
in ethernet2_LAN in RB750gr2....... 192.168.55.1 for AP router

My other router TP_link which I want to connect with AP as a repeater. It connects successfully but when I login by mobile it says that MAC ADDRESS is not matching. When I saw in winbox there was not the MAC ADDRESS of mobile there was MAC ADDRESS of Router.
How can I get MAC ADDRESS of Mobile through repeater (Router) in RB750gr2.

When I connect my mobile and computer with AP its working like a charm. But When I connect Router(repeater) the RB750gr2 showing mac address of router.
see the pic blow
mac.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: mac address problem in repeater

Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:48 pm

This is normal. The repeater changes the MAC addresss to its own. It is not "transparent".
You can connect a cable from the TP link router to the MikroTik router and use it as an access point instead of a repeater.
Performance will be better as well.

mansoor88
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:01 pm

pe1chl wrote:
This is normal. The repeater changes the MAC addrelsss to its own. It is not "transparent".
You can connect a cable from the TP link router to the MikroTik router and use it as an access point instead of a repeater.
Performance will be better as well.

thanks for the reply,
my tplink router is connected with RB750gr2 as Access point. I have an other router want to connect with access point through wireless as in (repeater mode) as I mentioned in picture above but the problem is when I connect any mobile or computer with that repeater it is not showing mac address of mobile or computer in (winbox) it showing mac address of router which is in repeater mode.
I am using hotspot server loging by mac address.

Kindly help I am very new in networking thanks........

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:54 pm

I already helped you, didn't I?
Stop using your repeater and configure the "repeater" device as an accesspoint as well.
Connect it with a cable to the RB750.
Then it will work OK.

mansoor88
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:47 pm

Stop using your repeater and configure the "repeater" device as an accesspoint as well.
Then it will work OK.
Yes dear you did help me.
ok leave the repeater.
one and last question
I want to access my AP (ACCESS POINT) with an other router through wireless is it possible If yes tell me the process What should I do?
Thanks

bahar123123
just joined

Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Then it will work OK.
I have the same problem.
Sir how to Stop using Router as a Repeater in a situation when my Home is about 200 Meters away from my Office and I want to access Internet from my Office and be my private network
so then how to Connect the Router through the Cable at a distance of 200m , Impossible!!!!!

is there anyone with the solution to this problem that the Repeater Convey the Device MAC address to the Routerboard
or
in other words the Routerboard may ask for and Can Access the Device original MAC connected to the Repeater ????

Thanks.